Urbanspace at 570 Lex, the latest permanent food hall concept in New York City from market leader Urbanspace, opens in the historic General Electric building at 570 Lexington Avenue (at 51st Street) on Wednesday, March 28, 2018. The team behind pop up and permanent market favorites, such as Urbanspace Vanderbilt, Mad. Sq. Eats and the holiday markets at Bryant Park, Columbus Circle and Union Square. Urbanspace at 570 Lex will feature 19 food concepts from some of New York’s best restaurants.
As the new anchor tenant of the striking art deco building, Urbanspace at 570 Lex will serve not only the surrounding community, but all New Yorkers and city visitors. Urbanspace aims to create a universal meeting place, fostering connection over a shared meal and experience. Each of the 19 food concepts together becomes a vital part of the community. The list of vendors, many of which have menu items exclusive to Urbanspace at 570 Lex, include:
- Bao by Kaya, Taiwanese cuisine and their signature Gua Bao dish
- Bobwhite Counter, a fried chicken and comfort food destination in Alphabet City
- Dorado, California Baja style tacos
- Go Fish, New sushi concept from Marc Spitzer and Jonathan Morr, the chef and owner of the popular NoHo hot spot BondST
- Inday, a seasonally driven, Indian-inspired wraps and grain bowls
- Kuro-Obi, exceptional ramen from the masterminds behind Ippudo Japanese Ramen Brasserie
- La Pecora Bianca, Restaurateur Mark Barak’s his 3rd location of his Italian restaurant
- Liquiteria, New York pioneer of cold pressed juices, smoothies and acai bowls
- Little Collins, Australian cafe where food is never neglected - sourcing fresh and local ingredients
- Roberta’s, brings their classic wood oven New York pizza with innovative flavor fusions
- Rockaway Clam Bar, new seafood concept by the owner of Brooklyn-based Redhook Lobster Pound
- Taïm, vegetarian falafel and other Israeli fare
- Top Hops Beer Shop, worldwide curation of craft and import beers
- Trapizzino, traditional Roman cuisine with various trapizzini and suppli fillings
- Tuck Shop, Aussie style meat and veggie pies served fresh
- Takumi Taco, Japanese inspired Mexican tacos
“Over the past 40 years, with every environment we’ve built—permanent and pop-up—Urbanspace has taken the most important cues from our creative pool of chefs and makers. For Urbanspace at 570 Lex, this mantra will remain the same,” says Eldon Scott, president of Urbanspace, “We’re thrilled to be partnering with some of the most talented chefs in the city and providing them with the ultimate stage to do what they do best––serve delicious food, beverages and theater to the public.”
Fostering community by transforming city spaces, Urbanspace is committed to providing the platforms on which entrepreneurs, artisans and chefs succeed. Urbanspace at 570 Lex will be open Monday through Saturday, from 6:00 am – 11:00 pm, and Sunday from 7:00 am – 10:00 pm.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.