Cintas Corporation, the leader in specialized facility services, today issued a list of the top five tips for business owners and operators to spring clean their facilities and revitalize the image of their business. From daily cleaning tasks to deep cleaning floors and restrooms, businesses can embrace the new season as an opportunity to refresh facilities and provide a clean and safe environment for building occupants and visitors.
“While this winter has been mild in comparison to past winters, considerable dirt and grime can build up over the cold weather months,” says Dave Mesko, senior director of marketing, Cintas. “Spring is an ideal time for businesses to go beyond their routine cleaning program and give the facility a revitalizing deep clean.”
The five essential spring cleaning tips from Cintas are:
- Freshen up facility appearance: Dedicate time this spring to focus on small details. Whether patched and caulk lines need to be redone or bulbs and ballasts need to be replaced, addressing the small issues will improve to the overall appearance and operations of the facility. Partner with a vendor that is capable of handling these common handyman tasks to help maintain the building.
- Focus on flooring: Winter weather results in excessive wear and tear and a dulling of the appearance of flooring. Invest in a deep cleaning service to revitalize tile and carpeting. The combination of high-pressure steam, agitation, heat, and extraction removes more dry particulate soil than any other method, helping delay expensive replacement costs and revitalizing floors to a like-new condition.
- Refresh restrooms: There’s no denying that daily cleaning helps facility managers maintain restrooms. However, dirt and bacteria build-up over time. Address dirty restrooms by implementing a deep cleaning service for restrooms that effectively removes built-up soils by sanitizing all restroom surfaces and fixtures using a high-pressure, chemical injection washer.
- Clean air conditioning units: Most air conditioning (A/C) units remain dormant throughout the winter. To ensure the best indoor air quality (IAQ) for building patrons, facility managers should complete a comprehensive A/C coil cleaning service. A/C units that are not properly cleaned can lead to lingering odors, allergies, premature unit failure, and high energy bills. Completing regular A/C coil cleaning removes dirt, grime, and built-up sludge from A/C units to improve IAQ, lower energy bills, and extend the life of air conditioning units.
- Go green with spring: According to a recent Harris Interactive survey, 84 percent of U.S. adults prefer to do business with a company that uses environmentally-friendly products and practices. Select products that are Green Seal certified or meet the requirements for the EPA’s Design for the Environment Program (DfE). In addition, businesses can implement green cleaning methods, including dilution control chemical dispensers and reusable mops or wipes to limit environmental impact.
“Winter weather dramatically affects the cleanliness of a facility,” Mesko says. “Spring is a time for renewal. By taking time to spring clean their facility, business owners and operators can refresh the image of their business and make sure they are supporting their image and meeting customer expectations.”
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.