TouchTunes subsidiary Tanjarine has started rolling out an integrated, tabletop solution for ordering, entertainment, and pay-at-the-table capabilities. It combines tablets with server handhelds that expedite service and checkout.
The platform features 10-inch tabletop tablets that provide menu and entertainment options to guests, portability for operators that eliminates the constraints of one-tablet-per-table installations, and other innovations that help increase efficiency and average check size.
The idea of Tanjarine evolved from the multi-year tabletop entertainment experience of TouchTunes, the provider of in-venue music and entertainment with a presence in more than 73,000 bars and restaurants worldwide. The Tanjarine solution, in development since 2012, has been custom-built from the ground up to deliver more value and flexibility.
Restaurants can expect to see an increase in average revenue per table, faster table turns, an increase in loyalty program enrollment, and improved customer service stemming from customer driven or tabletop ordering.
“Restaurants are seeing significant benefits from tablet solutions, and large chains have begun deploying them across the country,” says Bob Dykes, president of Tanjarine. “Until now, there hasn’t been a company with the experience and resources that offered a tablet-based ordering, server handheld, pay at the table and guest entertainment solution.”
On the hardware side, Tanjarine’s solution includes:
- A proprietary 10-inch Android tablet that provides more screen space for menus, specials, promotions, and entertainment than conventional 7-inch solutions. With a more dynamic user experience and contemporary interface, the tablet is designed to appeal to guests and withstand the restaurant environment. An encrypted card reader provides for secure transactions.
- Use-it-your-way tablet portability, enabling restaurants to hand out one tablet per table or one per guest as parties are seated, move units from table to table if desired, and otherwise match tablet usage to their own service models and business objectives.
- Integrated 5-inch server handheld device, enabling restaurant staff to see all tablet-based orders in real time, optionally review orders before they are sent to the kitchen, and see notifications from guests. A guest simply taps the server icon on the tablet and the handheld notifies their server.
- Multiple Second Screen TVs displaying restaurant promotions such as specials, loyalty programs, catering, delivery, and events. The Second Screen TVs also are used to display live Tanjarine interactive entertainment and leaderboards to keep the entire restaurant entertained.
Other Tanjarine benefits include:
- Extensive menu customization, allowing restaurants to feature their full menu with vibrant images and detailed descriptions highlighting everything from specials to high-margin drinks to help drive impulse buying and increase check average.
- Valuable real-time data on guests’ menu browsing behavior such as what items were viewed, how many times, viewing frequency compared to ordering frequency, and more. Restaurant managers can use these insights to guide menu changes, including new item descriptions, pictures, or pricing for items that draw interest but are ordered infrequently.
- Diverse catalog of individual and multiplayer games, including real-time predictive sports, trivia, puzzles, fantasy sports, word games, racing, kids’ games, and other options tailored to the restaurant’s demographics. All games are licensed from best-of-breed developers and one low fee enables unlimited gameplay.
- TouchTunes digital jukebox functionality, adding user-selected music to the entertainment experience. This feature is available to restaurants that have TouchTunes’ digital jukebox system.
Through its affiliation with TouchTunes, Tanjarine supports all customers through a global network of servicing partners who handle system installation and respond to on-site service needs. The platform will be integrated with multiple point-of-sale systems and can also be used without POS integration for restaurants whose POS systems are not supported by Tanjarine.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.