New to Tales of the Cocktail, the Vermouth Institute is a crash course on one of the world’s most underappreciated spirits. Over the course of three seminars you will learn everything you didn’t even know you wanted to know about Vermouth including it’s rich history, its role in some of the world’s most iconic cocktails, and how to pair it with different foods. The series is curated by Philip Duff and presented by French vermouth producer Audrey Fort, vermouth101.com guru Martin Doudoroff and global ambassador for Martini vermouth Giuseppe Gallo.
“How to Run A Successful Bar Business” presented by BarSmarts package on Wednesday, July 17th includes:
- 1st Seminar at 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 2nd Seminar at 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 3rd Seminar at 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To complete the certification, you must be present at all of the seminars in the series.
School of Spirits
At School of Spirits attendees will learn to master four behemoths of the spirits world—Gin, vodka, scotch, and American whiskey. The venerable Mark Ridgwell, author of Spirits Explained and Founder of Taste and Flavour, leads this special four-seminar series that’s sure to shake up your ideas and help you become an expert on these four big spirits.
The schedule for School of Spirits with Mark Ridgwell includes:
- “Gin. A Product of the Marketeer or Tastemaker?” on Wednesday, July 17th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- “Vodka. Spirit for Fashionista or Tastemakers?” on Thursday July 18th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- “Scotch. A Spirit Full of Baggage or Taste?” on Friday, July 19th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- “American. In Fashion Yes but a Match for Scotch?” on Saturday July 20th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Upon completion of all the seminars in your series, participants will receive a certificate from BarSmarts, Vermouth Institute, or School of Spirits, as well as a Drink It In! E-recipe book.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.