STACKED: Food Well Built, the award-winning, full-service restaurant with an innovative ordering approach that enables guests to fully customize their meals, will open its fourth location March 20 at The Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks, Calif. Since the first STACKED opened in May 2011, the restaurant concept has won several of the restaurant industry’s most coveted awards including the National Restaurant Association’s Operator Innovations Award for Technology, and Nation’s Restaurants News’ 2012 Hot Concepts award. STACKED also has restaurants in Torrance, Cerritos, and San Diego, with plans for additional locations in Southern California and beyond in the next several years.
The new restaurant at The Oaks seats approximately 200 guests in its 4,500 square feet of interior space, and two patio areas. It is located at the entrance to The Oaks Mall across from Cheesecake Factory. The Oaks is located at 350 West Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks, Calif., 91360.
Several pre-opening events will benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Southern California Chapter, and Conejo Schools Foundation.
At STACKED, guests experience a high-quality menu featuring America’s favorite foods: burgers, pizzas, salads, and mac ‘n’ cheese, plus appetizers, shakes, desserts, and a full bar presenting a wide selection of quality wines, craft beers and specialty cocktails. Upon being seated by a STACKED host, guests begin the process of custom-designing their food by visually “building” their meals on a tabletop iPad that lets them choose among dozens of ingredients to create exactly what they want. For example, to build a burger, guests can choose from Certified Angus beef, chicken, turkey, salmon, or a vegetarian patty, then “stack” it by selecting from four different buns, and dozens of cheeses, toppings and sauces that range from garlic aioli and chipotle mayo to caramelized onions and roasted peppers. The same create-your-own format is used for pizzas, salads, mac ‘n’ cheese, shakes, and desserts. Aiming to please all its guests, STACKED servers also take orders in the more traditional way.
“Our guests have applauded this new way to dine because it effectively puts them in control of their dining experience and ultimately provides them with great food – just the way they want it,” says Paul Motenko, who, along with another industry veteran, Jerry Hennessy, developed the STACKED concept. “Our primary goal is and always will be to create a guest-centric dining experience that offers fully customizable, high-quality food at reasonable prices. While the iPad technology is our ‘wizard behind the curtain,’ it’s our food and service that always take center stage. We are thrilled to bring our vision and dream to the Thousand Oaks community.”
STACKED also offers a variety of signature items built around flavors from across the world. New signature items found at each location include:
- STACKED Pulled Pork Nachos with lightly fried, fresh-cut corn tortillas, piled high and generously topped with chili, pulled pork, jack & cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, fried onions, sour cream, cilantro, and avocado.
- Flying Pigs featuring tender, meaty bites of pork that are lightly fried and basted with a sweet and spicy Asian sauce.
- Endless Summer Salad built on a spring lettuce mix and topped with grilled chicken breast, red onions, cranberries, caramelized pecans, Point Reyes bleu cheese, and tossed with homemade cranberry walnut dressing.
- Jalapeno Bacon Burger made with a fresh, Certified Angus beef patty and topped with tomato, red onion, green leaf lettuce, and spiced with jalapeno bacon, pepper jack cheese, chipotle mayo, and sprinkled with jalapenos.
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese Burger that starts with Certified Angus beef and topped with toasted Parmesan bread crumbs, mac ‘n’ cheese, applewood smoked bacon, Roma tomatoes, and red onions on a brioche bun.
- Spicy Chicken Pizza featuring tender pieces of chicken breast marinated in a tangy and spicy wing sauce, mozzarella cheese, green onions, roasted red and green peppers, and a drizzle of garlic sriracha sauce.
- Sweet & Savory Pizza, which starts with fresh, hand-tossed pizza dough that is laden with mozzarella and Gorgonzola cheeses, caramelized onions. After baking, the pizza is topped with candied pecans, dried cranberries, spring lettuce mix, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Chipotle STACKED Mac kicked up with spicy and smoky chipotle, pork Andouille, jalapeno bacon, Roma tomatoes and red onion, and topped with garlic Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Peanut Butter Heaven, an open-faced, ice cream sandwich on a Peanut Butter with Reese’s Pieces Cookie with fudge track ice cream, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, peanut butter sauce topped with whipped cream and peanuts.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.