The Specialty Food Association recognized and honored industry leaders through the SFA Hall of Fame. In 2018, honorees come from SFA’s diverse membership—buyers, importers, and makers—showcasing the reach and influence of specialty foods. The 11 individuals to be inducted into the Hall of Fame exemplify the innovation and business acumen vital to the growing $140 billion-dollar specialty food industry.
“The mission of Specialty Food Association Hall of Fame is to honor individuals who have achieved innovative success while making a positive impact within the industry,” says Phil Kafarakis, president of the Association. “This year’s honorees are specialty food pioneers who have been integral to industry growth and exemplify the Vision of our Association, ‘To Shape the Future of Food.’”
The 2018 Inductees, nominated and selected by Association members and a special Hall of Fame Committee, include:
- Fran Bigelow, Fran’s Chocolates
- Annie Chun and Stephen Broad, Annie Chun’s/gimMe Snacks
- Sue Conley and Peg Smith, Cowgirl Creamery
- Craig and Cindy Makela, Santa Barbara Olive Co, California Coast Naturals, Oleavicin
- Russell McCall, Gourmet Foods International
- Sam Mogannam, Bi-Rite Family of Businesses
- Doug Renfro, Renfro Foods, Inc.
- Nassem Ziyad, Ziyad Brothers Importing
These remarkable individuals will be honored at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York the evening of July 1, 2018 as part of a special event, “SFA Recognition: Celebrating Our Legacy.” The event will also include the Association’s Lifetime Achievement Awards.
Held at the Javits Center, the Summer Fancy Food Show is the largest trade-only marketplace for specialty food and beverages in North America, featuring six football fields of exhibits, with more than 200,000 products from around the world.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.