Solita Tacos & Margaritas, from Xperience Restaurant Group, one of the nation’s leading operators of casual, polished casual and fine dining Mexican restaurants, announced it will open a new Chicago location on August 15, 2022 at 431 N. Wells Street. With several locations in Southern California, Solita Chicago will be the first outside of the state. Located in the River North neighborhood, Solita Chicago will feature a vibrant culinary and beverage program that highlights Sonoran Mexican fare as well as a unique variety of tequila, mezcal, and margaritas.
The design aesthetic will showcase a sleek, modern twist on a tequila distillery with a lively atmosphere, offering the perfect backdrop for a group dinner or fun date night. With more than 10,000 square feet of space, Solita Chicago will seat up to 162 guests inside, as well as 68 guests on the outdoor patio.
“We are thrilled to expand the Solita brand nationwide,” says Randy Sharpe, CEO of Xperience Restaurant Group. “Chicago is a world-class city for dining and culture, and we can’t wait to introduce Solita’s elevated dining experience to guests this summer.”
Solita’s menu is inspired by the charro cooking of northern Mexico, showcasing familiar Mexican fare along with items cooked on a wood-fired grill and smoker, paired with over 20 different housemade salsas and hand-muddled margaritas. The restaurant also offers a mix-and-match option from the “Tacos Locos” list, which highlights the culinary team’s inventive way of utilizing traditional and unique ingredients. Solita’s dishes and hand-crafted drinks include:
- Pork Belly Dorado Taco, pork belly smoked in-house for six hours, served with amarillo hot sauce, onions, cilantro, and slaw
- Vampiro Taco, double tortilla with cheese, serrano peppers, green onions, guacamole, chipotle sauce, cotija cheese, and salsa fresca; comes with a choice of carne asada or grilled chicken
- Grilled Corn Elote, roasted and wood-grilled sweet corn carved tableside with butter, chipotle sauce, ground California chile, cotija cheese, and green onions
- Nachitos Perfectos, tortilla chips, black beans, red chile sauce, cheese, jalapeño, guacamole, chipotle, and sour cream
- Steak Carne Asada, wood-grilled Angus steak, avocado, jalapeño toreados, scallions, and chimichurri; served with 2 sides
- Watermelon Margarita, Luna Azul reposado, muddled watermelon, lime juice, and simple syrup
- El Volcan, Chamucos blanco, lime juice, ginger syrup, soda water, served tableside with creme de cassis
- Mezcalero, smoky mezcal, passion fruit, sweet guava, and lime juice, served in a chile-salt rimmed glass
Solita Chicago will be open for lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch, Monday to Thursday from 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Friday from 11 a.m.-11 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m.-11 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m.-10 p.m. The restaurant will also offer Happy Hour from 3-6 p.m. on Monday through Friday; Taco Tuesday from 3 p.m. to close on Tuesdays; and Weekend Brunch from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.