SOL Mexican Cocina, from Xperience Restaurant Group, opened its newest location in Irvine, CA (1910 Main St, Irvine, CA 92614) today. A multimillion-dollar renovation nestled in Irvine’s newly-built Centerview—a LEED Platinum property with twin 12-story office buildings and award-winning eateries—SOL Irvine features the same successful culinary and beverage program beloved by its patrons at sister locations. Showcasing an exhibition kitchen, spacious dining room, indoor/outdoor bar, and an expansive 2,861 square foot patio that can seat up to 100 guests, SOL Irvine serves as a vibrant Baja-inspired hub in which to enjoy expertly crafted food and drinks along with live entertainment provided at the cantina stage. Guests can also book one of SOL’s three banquet rooms for special events, including buyouts for private dining, meetings, and receptions.
“We’re thrilled to finally unveil our newest SOL location and offer our guests multiple spaces to create memories and celebrate special occasions,” says Randy Sharpe, CEO of Xperience Restaurant Group. “As our largest location, we will be able to offer our Baja California inspired menu in an upbeat environment to an even wider group.”
Giovanni Salvino-Prada, VP of Marketing, reiterated SOL’s desire to be involved in the community. “SOL Irvine is going to become part of the fabric of the local landscape. We see it as an extension of SOL Newport Beach which has become a thriving part of the neighborhood scene, even recognized by OpenTable and Bumble as one of the best date spots in Orange County.”
Inspired by the best of Baja, California, SOL reignites coastal Mexican food with modern, fresh options from its talented culinary team. With locations in Scottsdale, AZ; Playa Vista, CA; Newport Beach, CA; and Denver, CO; SOL continues to create and share flavorful and healthy dishes lovingly made from scratch—accommodating each guest’s needs and wants. With an eclectic menu of organic, seasonal dishes, SOL sources locally whenever possible and ensures each dish is made fresh daily, including over a dozen fresh housemade salsas. As for the beverage program, it highlights the restaurant’s famous hand-crafted margaritas along with over 100 of Mexico’s finest small batch mezcal and tequila-focused cocktails. Covering a wide range of dining options such as SOL’s famed Taco + Tequila Tuesday, happy hour, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch, along with vegan and gluten-free menu items, SOL’s dishes and hand-muddled drinks include options such as:
- Grilled Sweet Corn, carved tableside with butter, lime, chiles, cotixa cheese, and chipotle drizzle
- Taco Vampiro (Award Winning), double tortilla, cheese, serranos, carne asada, guacamole & pico de gallo, chipotle sauce, and cotixa cheese
- Spicy 'Popcorn' Cauliflower Taco, cauliflower deep-fried in spicy beer batter, with creamy coconut-avocado salsa on a corn tortilla with pico de gallo, shredded cabbage, onions, cilantro, and lime
- Wild Fish on Esquites, wild fish, almond-lemon crust, grilled corn esquites, tomato & basil, lime, avocado butter, and cotixa cheese
- Spanish Octopus, tender octopus, grilled & sliced, served on fingerling potatoes sauteed with chorizo, garlic, smoked Spanish paprika, tomato, green olives, white wine, and lemon
- House Margarita, fresh citrus juices, agave nectar, and premium tequila, shaken to order
- Watermelon Margarita, crushed watermelon shaken with blanco tequila, fresh lime, and agave nectar
- The Mezcalero, mezcal shaken with passion fruit, guava, and fresh lime, served in a chili salt rimmed glass
SOL Irvine will hold the same hours and special events as the other locations, including Happy Hour from 3-6 p.m. during the week, Weekend Brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and Tacos + Tequila Tuesday from 3 p.m. to close on Tuesdays.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.