Snooze, an A.M. Eatery, is celebrating National Bacon Day on August 31 with three spectacular bacon-centric specials, tied together with a strong charitable arm. For one day only, Snooze is offering a special menu with a cocktail, a pancake, and an eggs Benedict dish, each featuring the highly-praised Tender Belly Bacon. Tender Belly Bacon is one of Snooze’s long-standing partners and sustainable purveyors given their high-quality product and shared passion for sourcing with care. The winning specials include:
- Bacon it Easy: The perfect boozy brunch cocktail made with bacon-infused bourbon, peach simple syrup and lemonade; garnished with a peach slice and Tender Belly bacon
- Bacon a Difference Benny: Seared, cider-braised, habanero Tender Belly Bacon served on top of a griddled English muffin, lightly buttered with bacon-espresso jam, poached eggs, and finished with cream cheese hollandaise
- Sweet Swine O’ Mine: Buttermilk pancake with caramelized raw sugar and topped with bacon-whipped mascarpone, black peppercorn-infused Slopeside maple syrup, Tender Belly bacon crumble, and candied pecans
This annual food holiday is yet another way that Snooze continues to make a difference by doing “Breakfast But Different,” with Snooze donating 100 percent of all bacon specials sales to local health and nutritional education non-profits. Last year on National Bacon Day, Snooze donated $31,142 to local charities focused on nutritional education.
For National Bacon Day, each Snooze location will be donating to a local charity focused on health and culinary education:
- Arizona - Corbin's Legacy
- Austin, Texas - Urban Roots
- Charlotte, North Carolina – Friendship Gardens
- Colorado- Cooking Matters CO
- Dallas, Texas - Brighter Bites
- Hillcrest, La Jolla + Del Mar, California - San Diego Food Bank
- Houston, Texas - Kids' Meals
- San Antonio, Texas - San Antonio Food Bank
- Tustin + Orange, California - Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.