Snooze, an A.M. Eatery is excited to announce the opening of its first East Coast location in Charlotte, North Carolina. Officially opening today, June 26, the 3,730 square-foot space will bring its random morning dance parties, whimsical breakfast dishes, and energetic staff of Snoozers to the Charlotte community. With 124 seats indoors and an additional 48 seats on the patio, Snooze is ready to wake up Plaza Midwood with its contagious morning energy and vibrant retro-inspired atmosphere.
Here are five things to know about Snooze:
- Breakfast But Different: At Snooze, we know that by doing breakfast differently, we have the power to make a difference. Through our craveable breakfast food, energetic atmosphere and friendly staff of Snoozers, we’re committed to really turning breakfast on its head—because why would we wake up at 6:30 a.m. to serve the same old bacon and eggs? Whether it’s how we innovate in the kitchen, where we source our ingredients from, or who we employ, Snooze is dedicated to switching up the way you eat breakfast.
- Bold Breakfast Food: Snooze is known for bringing a menu of creative twists. For the breakfast-lover with a sweet tooth, try our signature Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes with caramelized pineapple chunks, house-made vanilla crème anglaise and cinnamon butter. If savory is your style, we recommend the Everything Bacon Sensation with an over-medium egg, green goddess cream cheese, bacon and citronette-dressed arugula, all stuffed between an everything spice brioche bun. We also always highlighting the best of the season with our seasonal dishes, such as our summer offering, the Peachy Keen Pancake, with buttermilk pancakes and caramelized peaches, topped with house-made vanilla creme, raspberry mascarpone, almond streusel and bruleed peaches.
- Day Drinking 2.0: We didn’t invent day drinking, but we enjoy taking it to a whole new level. At Snooze, we offer a creative menu of A.M. cocktails in addition to quality juices, coffee, cold brews, and other non-alcoholic beverages. We offer spins on classics, such asMmm Mmm Mimosa, with Snooze Sparkling, orange juice, and Pama pomegranate liquor, and the Boss Hog Bloody Mary, with bacon-infused Breckenridge Bourbon & Snooze’s house bloody mix. Signature beverages include the Snooze Fashioned with Breckenridge Bourbon, cold brew coffee, orange simple syrup, and a hint of Angostura Bitters, and Morning Mojo Mojito with rum, green tea simple syrup, soda, lime, cucumber and mint. New for the summer is a refreshing Wicked Watermelon Margarita with tequila (or jalapeno-infused tequila for extra spiciness!), jalapeno-watermelon fresca, house sours, and lime. Cheers to 8 a.m. being the new 5 p.m.
- Snooze and the Community: Snooze doesn’t just open in a community; we open with the community. Across all of our locations, Snooze gives back 1% of all sales to local charities. In 2018, we donated over $800,000 to local and national charities, and we’re on track to give back over $1 million in 2019 alone. Snooze uses its love for breakfast food to do good for others. On National Pancake Day, we give back 100 percent of all pancake sales to local community gardens (we raised $46,101 this year), and on National Bacon Day, we give back 10 percent of total sales to non-profits focused on food education. Additionally, for every pre-opening weekend, we partner with three local non-profit organizations and host a benefit breakfast with each one, where the community can donate to the organization of their choice. This past weekend, June 22–24, Snooze partnered with Hospitality House of Charlotte, Arts for Life, and Sustain Charlotte, and raised over $10,000.
- Snooze & Sustainability: We pride ourselves on being an industry leader in championing sustainable environmental practices and responsibly sourced ingredients. We recently released our first ever annual sustainability and community report, ‘The Change Makers Report,’ which proves how making breakfast that makes a difference, is different. Today, over 95% of our sourced ingredients are “Snooze Approved,” having passed a rigorous set of standards which include: ethical farming practices, as well as vetting the sustainable standards of the partner companies. Snooze also diverts 90% of waste from landfills through composting and recycling, where facilities exist. Simple acts, such as using reusable coffee cups, helps us save 50,000 cups from landfill each year. By having each Snoozer attend a Sustainability 101 class and implementing a ‘Green Captain’ in every Snooze, the company is dedicated to leaving a small foot print on the planet.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.