The Old Clam House is San Francisco’s oldest restaurant and has been serving quality seafood and spirits in the same location since 1861.
It has survived many city transformations including the San Francisco Earthquake and Fire of 1906.
First named The Oakdale Bar & Clam House, the restaurant at one time was connected to downtown San Francisco by an estimated two miles of plank road. It quickly became a gathering place for the waterfront workers and neighbors settling in the area during an era when the Bay Area contained a thriving fishing industry. The local restaurant continues to be a landmark for the city and is one of the most famous.
Recently restored in 2011, the San Francisco seafood restaurant, The Old Clam House features a completely renovated glass-enclosed patio.
Its newly revamped menu still features the same fresh seafood that the restaurant was so famously known for. It serves hot Dungeness crab prepared with a secret garlic sauce and delicious pasta dishes made from the freshest clams, crab, and shrimp around. A taste of the garlic bread, calamari, or clam chowder will reveal how quality ingredients really make a difference. The fully stocked bar serves cocktails and wine to compliment the amazing dishes.
“Today, the bar area consists of the original structure, making it San Francisco’s oldest restaurant in the same location since 1861—a fact we cherish,” says Jen Dal Bozzo, owner of The Old Clam House.
For more information, contact The Old Clam House at 415-826-4880 or visit http://www.theoldclamhousesf.com. The Old Clam House is located at 299 Bayshore Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94124.
The Old Clam House is an historic San Francisco seafood restaurant. Open since 1861, The Old Clam House has the distinction of being the oldest restaurant in San Francisco still operating at its original location.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.