Top foodservice industry professionals and their fans gathered at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center for the 34th Annual RAMMY Awards as Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) announced winners in 22 award categories.
The selection process for the winners involved two esteemed groups, the voting public and an anonymous panel of volunteer judges, consisting of food and dining journalists, educators and foodservice industry professionals. The voting public decided the winners in four categories: Favorite Gathering Place of the Year, Upscale Brunch, Everyday Casual Brunch and Favorite Fast Bites.
RAMW honored three additional members with the Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year, given to Republic National Distributing Company for exemplifying commitment to and support of RAMW, the Duke Zeibert Capital Achievement Award, presented to Chef Robert Kinkead for his hard work and outstanding initiative that has increased the profile and success of the metropolitan Washington foodservice community, and the 2016 Honorary Milestone RAMMY Award given to Occidental Grill & Seafood, a Washington dining staple celebrating its 110th year on Pennsylvania Avenue. These awards were determined by RAMW’s Executive Committee.
The winners of the 34th Annual RAMMY Awards are:
- Formal Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier
- Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year: Le Diplomate
- Everyday Casual Restaurant of the Year: Bar Pilar
- New Restaurant of the Year: Maketto
- Chef of the Year: Scott Drewno, The Source by Wolfgang Puck
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year: Jonah Kim, Yona
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Alex Levin, Osteria Morini
- Wine Program of the Year: The Red Hen
- Cocktail Program of the Year: 2 Birds 1 Stone
- Beer Program of the Year: Right Proper Brewing Company
- Service Program of the Year: Fiola
- Restaurateur of the Year: Mike Isabella Concepts
- Regional Food and Beverage Producer of the Year: Port City Brewing Company
- Favorite Gathering Place of the Year: Northside Social Coffee & Wine
- Upscale Casual Brunch: Blue Duck Tavern
- Everyday Casual Brunch: Duke's Grocery
- Favorite Fast Bites: Bub and Pop's
- Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year: Republic National Distributing Company
- Employee of the Year: Jorge Martinez, The Source by Wolfgang Puck
- Manager of the Year: Jennifer Lucy, Estadio
Presented by the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW), The RAMMY Awards Gala honors the exceptional ability and accomplishments of the hard-working individuals and organizations of the region’s restaurants and foodservice community. Named the No.1 Food & Restaurant event by BIZBASH Magazine since 2009, The RAMMYS celebrate one of Metropolitan Washington’s greatest assets: its restaurants.
The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) is the regional trade association representing restaurants and the foodservice industry in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Established in 1920, RAMW is an advocate, resource and community for its members. The Association works to promote and sustain the growth and development of the industry while providing its members legislative and regulatory representation, marketing and small business support, programming and events. RAMW strives to serve its members with professionalism and integrity, and provide them the training, education and support they need to grow a successful business.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.