Primo Mercato has officially brought its offerings to The Mall at Short Hills in New Jersey. Inspired by the iconic Mercato Centrale in Florence Italy, Primo Mercato boasts an expansive space of 17,000 square feet and the authentic Italian food hall offers guests a wide selection of dining and shopping options, including artisanal food counters, food labs, full-service restaurants, a café featuring coffee, pastries, gelato and a variety of savory items and a fully-stocked grab-and-go market.
The concept of a “Mercato” or market is deeply entrenched in Italian culture; it is not only a place to shop and eat, but a place for a people to gather – truly the heart of the community. Inspired by the delicious diversity of Italy’s 20 regions and devoted to providing an authentic Italian experience, Primo Mercato is dedicated to championing locally sourced and international food items that embody an unwavering commitment to quality, as well as supporting its ingrained community values.
“We are so excited to be serving the wonderful people of New Jersey,” says Lorenzo Piombini, manager, Primo Mercato “We believe all our guests should be able to enjoy an affordable, comfortable and authentic dining experience. Primo Mercato is more than just a market, or a restaurant or a coffee shop – we want our guests to view us as part of their community, and a home away from home. “
Primo Mercato is designed as a fluid concept that allows guests to seamlessly enjoy their own culinary experience by facilitating movement between the mercato, six artisan food counters, three artisan food labs and two restaurants.
Below, please find a list of the offerings available at Primo Mercato:
- Il Mercato – Enjoy six quick-service stations with selections of handmade pasta, Italian cured meats, seafood, mozzarella and other gourmet cheeses, salads as well as additional Italian deli products.
- Da Primo Restaurant – Experience an authentic Italian restaurant with a refined and seasonal gourmet menu and featured wine selections, ideal for special celebrations and business lunches or dinners.
- Pizzeria Primo Mercato – A Neapolitan inspired pizzeria with two exposed ovens. The dedicated kitchen integrates the menu with salads, burgers, soups and seasonal products and is perfect for informal gatherings and more casual celebrations. Guests have the choice of indulging in a traditional Neapolitan style or Roman “Pizza Pala” options.
- Primo Bar – The perfect spot for enjoying a wide selection of specialty wines, cocktails & juices and for having an aperitivo with friends. Select menu items from across Il Mercato are also available to be enjoyed via the bar’s dedicated menu.
- Primo Café & Market – Grab & go pastries, savory sandwiches and options, gelato, crepes and a variety of Italian specialties are available. Bring a taste of Italy back home after enjoying the offerings of Il Mercato or the full-service restaurants.
Primo Mercato also offers a delicious selection of catering options customizable to the needs of the guest and perfect for corporate, personal or holiday events. In addition, guests can pre-order a vast assortment desserts, pastries and goods baked fresh daily onsite.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.