This June, the City of Roses is poised to host the sixth annual Portland Beer Week presented by Portland Brewing Co. The 11-day festival runs from June 9 through the 19 and will feature breweries of every size from all over the nation. Portland Beer Week celebrates the city as a leader and innovative force in the beer world. The festival kicks off with a weekend dedicated to rye and fruit beers, offering a variety of educational seminars and engaging activities. The events aim to inspire the beer and food industry to push boundaries, while providing consumers with new knowledge and entertainment.
“Think beer at 360 degrees,” says Ezra Johnson-Greenough, co-founder of Portland Beer Week with Kerry Finsand and the man behind The New School, Portland’s leading voice for anything beer-related. “Alongside fun events open to the public, we have partnered with Oregon State University to offer industry folks a series of seminars, from beer-branding and marketing, to barrel-aging and sour and wild ale. We aim at providing a platform to unleash new ideas and learn from each other.”
To celebrate the spirit of cross-pollination between the food and beer worlds, Blue Star Donuts is releasing a special beer donut and Salt & Straw Ice Cream an official beer flavor. Each made with Portland Beer Week’s official beer, a collaboration between Double Mountain Brewing and Portland Brewing. More food and drink and pairing highlights and special collaborations await an exciting and packed 11 days of beer.
Many local businesses came on board to support the festival, among them are Columbia Distributing, Whole Foods, Society Hotel, Travel Portland, Double Mountain, Portland Brewing, Fort George and McMenamins.
- June 9: Kickoff Party
- June 10: Rye Beer Fest
- June 10-12: Portland Fruit Beer Festival
- June 13: New Oregon Breweries Showcase at Bailey's Taproom
- June 13: Beer & Sushi Pairings at Roscoe’s with Miyamoto Sushi
- June 12-17: Oregon State University Seminar Series
- June 16: Brewers and Their Bands Concert & Jam Session at Ecliptic Brewing
- June 1: Women in Beer Event & ‘The Love of Beer’ 5 Year Anniversary Screening at Mission Theater
- June 18: Portland Beer and Cheese Fest at Wayfinder
- June 19: Snackdown: Top Brewers and Chefs pair bites and beers at The Evergreen (above Loyal Legion)
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.