If, as Jonathan Swift wrote, “It was a bold man who first ate an oyster,” then only a crazy one would miss Pittsburgh Blue’s Fall Oyster Shuck, underway now in both Edina and Maple Grove, Minnesota.
Created by Parasole’s resident super chef, James Beard Award-winner Tim McKee, the menu highlights the wide variety of preparations to which the oyster lends itself.
“I wanted to celebrate the classics, but also expose people to preparations that might be new to them, like charbroiled oysters or our play on the Carpetbagger Steak,” says Chef McKee.
Pittsburgh Blue’s Fall Oyster Shuck debuts with the following menu:
- Fresh Shucked Oysters: Selection of East and West Coast oysters – varies daily. Served with horseradish cocktail sauce, frozen mignonette, and lemon.
- Oyster Shooter Trio: Fresh-shucked Blue Points in shots of our signature Bloody Mary, cantaloupe/red chili, and cucumber/lime cocktails.
- Oyster & Shrimp Po' Boy French bread stuffed with crispy fried oysters, Florida pink shrimp, shredded lettuce, tomato, and jalapeño rémoulade with fries.
- Oysters Rockefeller: Classic broiled oysters with spinach, Hollandaise, and herbs.
- Cajun Fried Oysters: One dozen fat, juicy oysters, seasoned and crisp fried, served with red-hot aioli.
- Oyster & Chorizo Pan Roast: Updated New England classic oyster stew with seared scallop, chorizo, grilled bread, and sweet corn butter.
- BBQ Charbroiled Oysters: Fresh oysters charbroiled with butter, garlic, and New Orleans BBQ spices.
- Mini Oyster BLT Roll: Crispy oyster, tomato, lettuce, smoked bacon, and spicy mayonnaise on a house-made roll.
- Ginger Steamed Mahi Mahi: Hawaiian Mahi Mahi lightly steamed with aromatic ginger and served with braised leeks, butter-poached oysters, and oyster mushrooms.
- Carpetbagger Steak: A play on the classic Mid-Century surf ‘n’ turf favorite – 12 oz. sirloin topped with crispy oysters and Creole/herb butter, with roasted mushrooms.
Available at both lunch and dinner, the Fall Oyster Shuck will continue through the fall.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.