In honor of National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, Pinstripes (Bistro + Bocce + Bowling) is having some fun with a peanut butter and jelly-inspired meal for grownups that kicks-off April 2, which also happens to be National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Available at both lunch and dinner, the playful five-course “PB&J Sharing for Two” menu takes the three-ingredient childhood classic and reinterprets it for adults, with a sophisticated twist. The menu will be available indefinitely with a limited amount per seating.
The iconic PB&J sandwich—best shared with a friend or family member—taps into our fondest memories of childhood, from brown bag school lunches and field trips to family vacations, picnics and summer camp. Before graduating from high school, the average American will have eaten more than 2,000 PB&J sandwiches. Sophisticated diners today recognize the appeal of salty peanut butter and sweet jelly as a primer of the mature appetite for sweet and salty comfort food combinations, whether it’s ketchup on French fries, chicken & waffles, or chocolate-covered pretzels.
With this appetite in mind, Pinstripes’ PB&J Tasting deconstructs the classic sandwich and takes it to a whole new level. Menu items include:
- Tenderloin PB&J (espresso-crusted filet mignon, nut butter and raspberry preserves, artisan brioche)
- Crustless PB&J Pistachio Salad (strawberries, blackberries, mint, burrata)
- Not Your Mom’s Flatbread (chunky peanut butter, raspberry preserves, fontinella & mozzarella cheese, Fresno peppers)
- Nutty Chicken Pasta (house-made pappardelle pasta, cage-free chicken, peanut sauce, cherry-blueberry-bourbon preserves)
- PB&J with a Spoon (house-made peanut butter gelato, Concord grape sorbet and pound cake)
Pinstripes’ PB&J Sharing for Two is $100 and includes each course paired with a wine or craft beer ($75 without the pairing).
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.