Old Chicago–the made-from-scratch American fare, pizza, and beer authority known for its World Beer Tour and 110 varied, cold beers–just launched its latest limited-time offer, “Crisp Greens & Hearty ‘Zones,” a meal combination sure to cure those winter blues.
Through Sunday, March 11, Old Chicago guests can order three savory, baked-fresh-to-order calzones–the Chicken Club, Texican Beef, and Sicilian Trio Calzones–pair them with the OC Spinach & Avocado Side Salad or OC Chopped Side Salad, and then complete their meal with a homemade Apple Cinnamon Calzone for dessert.
The Crisp Greens & Hearty ‘Zones limited-time menu items highlight the made-fresh-daily and hand-stretched dough Old Chicago is known for, as well as the restaurant’s expertise in hand-picking and combining fresh ingredients into craveable flavor profiles.
“We’ve been creating distinctive calzone recipes at Old Chicago for more than 25 years, and as a result, we offer calzones you just can’t find anywhere else,” says Mike Thom, Old Chicago’s longtime director of culinary research and development.
“With this limited-time offer, our unique, bursting-with-flavor side salads allow you to make a complete meal, and the new Apple Cinnamon Calzone is a dessert-spin on our tried-and-true approach to calzones–the ideal comfort food.”
The limited-time menu items include:
- Chicken Club Calzone: Filled with roasted chicken, crisp bacon, marinated tomatoes, fresh spinach, Swiss cheese, and green onions. Served with ranch dressing.
- Texican Beef Calzone: Features seasoned ground beef, green bell and jalapeño peppers, black beans, red onions, and Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Pepper Jack cheeses. Served with a side of Old Chicago’s famous pizza sauce or signature salsa for even more heat.
- Sicilian Trio Calzone: Offers layers of hickory ham, salami, and pepperoni with a blend of Italian cheeses, grilled yellow bell peppers, baby spinach, fresh basil, and roasted garlic.
- Apple Cinnamon Calzone: Loaded with sliced apples simmered in sugar cinnamon and butter, baked inside Old Chicago’s fresh, handmade dough and topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. Served warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel drizzle.
- OC Spinach & Avocado Side Salad: Made with fresh spinach leaves, crisp romaine, shaved Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and diced avocado. Served with Old Chicago’s house-made lemon vinaigrette, and pairs well with the Texican Beef calzone.
- OC Chopped Side Salad: Features finely chopped iceberg lettuce and romaine, crispy bacon bits, blue cheese crumbles, diced tomatoes, green onions, and pipette pasta curls. Tossed with a traditional Cobb dressing and topped with diced avocado. Pairs perfectly with the Chicken Club calzone.
Visit Old Chicago on Facebook or online at www.oldchicago.com to learn more about the current Crisp Greens & Hearty ‘Zones limited-time offer, Old Chicago’s 21 and older World Beer Tour, and the OC-Connection e-club for the latest Old Chicago news and special offers.