Delta Air Lines today announced its renovated and expanded domestic hub in Terminal C at New York's LaGuardia airport will offer five chef-driven restaurants, an expansive food hall, fresh markets, the integration of Apple iPads, pop-up retail stores, and concierge services for frequent fliers on the go.
Building on Delta's successful dining experience in Terminal D at LaGuardia, the new program at Terminal C brings together culinary talent, with names such as Andrew Zimmern, Andrew Carmellini, Anne Burrell, and Aaron Sanchez.
"This innovative and exclusive program is yet another way we are making the travel experience better for our customers in New York,” says Gail Grimmett, Delta's senior vice president, New York.
“Not only are we expanding flying options, we're adding fabulous food and beverage choices and services that make the airport experience enjoyable and efficient for our customers. With our expansion and improvements at LaGuardia and our ongoing terminal renovation at JFK, Delta continues to position itself as the preferred carrier for customers traveling to and from New York."
Delta previously announced the largest single expansion by any carrier at LaGuardia in four decades, with total flights increasing by more than 60 percent, and total destinations growing more than 75 percent. By summer 2012, Delta will operate 264 daily flights between LaGuardia and more than 60 cities, more than any other airline.
Delta again has selected OTG Management to lead the enhanced dining experience at Terminal C. Delta's LaGuardia dining enhancements follow similar upgrades to its concourse and gate areas at Terminals 2 and 3 at John F. Kennedy International Airport and Concourse G at Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport.
"New York is the dining capital of the world, and we have had the opportunity to team up with some of the best chefs in the city to put together this culinary program," says Rick Blatstein, CEO, OTG. "With one of the largest chef collaborations under one roof, state-of-the-art design, and innovative retail offerings, flying in and out of Delta LGA will be about a lifestyle."
Six renowned New York-based chefs will open full-service, exclusive restaurants in Terminal C, and an additional five chefs and two beverage consultants have developed cafes that will appear in the food halls of the airline's redesigned Terminal C.
The dining concepts will open in phases over 18 months with temporary structures with full menus opening as "Taste Of" concepts in late March 2012.
- Cotto: This enticing trattoria features traditional Italian cuisine with a modern translation. The menu developed by Chef Michael White highlights rustic Italian flavors and features fresh-made pastas and pizzas. In addition to full service dining, Cotto offers gourmet market items with counter service and a full menu, as well as a coffee bar and gelato counter. The design is open and airy, reminiscent of an Italian piazza.
- Empire Tavern: A collaboration from Balthazar's Lee Hanson and Riad Nasr (also of Bisoux at Terminal D), Empire Tavern is fashioned after a classic New York City tavern. This restaurant will offer a selection of classically prepared meat and fish entrees complemented by an expansive beverage program that includes 24 beers on tap and 24 wines by the glass. A hearty breakfast for morning travelers rounds out the menu.
- Kombu: Featuring contemporary Japanese cuisine by Chef Jamison Blankenship, Kombu has a modern menu that celebrates fresh ingredients and traditional technique. The menu includes not only a delicious assortment of sushi and maki rolls, but also a raw bar, rice bowls, expansive noodle dishes, and Japanese sandwiches. The breakfast offered at Kombu is a combination of traditional Japanese ingredients and American favorites
- Vagabond Burger Bar: With gourmet burgers from the classic to the inventive, guests may build their own or choose from one of the featured burgers and milkshakes created by Chef Anne Burrell. The bar offers 24 beers on tap as well as a selection of wines, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages. A hearty breakfast menu offers made-to-order eggs and fluffy pancakes.
- Victory Grill: A new take on American classic dining, Victory Grill's menu is where comfort food meets global fusion. Guided by Chef Andrew Carmellini and inspired by the flavors of the world, Victory Grill's guests will find their favorite dishes reinvented. From the raw bar featuring the freshest oysters to lamb chops on the grill, the menu is a collection of American favorites. Forty-eight beers on tap in addition to a selection of wines, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages will encourage guests to linger at the expansive bar. A filling breakfast for morning travelers rounds out the menu.
Cibo Express Gourmet Food Halls and Cafes
Patterned after a local farmer's market, the Food Halls offer fresh produce, baked goods, premier coffee and tea blends, and classic food staples while the themed cafes provide still inspiring, to-go options.
- Cibo Express Gourmet Markets: Cibo Express Gourmet Markets feature a wide assortment of freshly prepared products and bottled beverages, including more than 1,000 different products. The markets feature not only 57 varieties of sandwiches, wraps, sides, and salads rotated through the offerings, but also an expansive assortment of nuts, fruits, dried fruits, sweets, chocolates, cookies, health bars, granolas, veggies, cheese, crackers, side salads and pastas, spreads and dips, chips, pretzels, and pastries.
- Artichoke: This Food Hall eatery serves piping hot pizza by the slice from Pizzaiolos, cousins and best friends, Francis Garcia and Sal Basille. In addition to the duo's famous Artichoke and Margherita pizza, the menu includes several Italian specialties as well as breakfast.
- Biergarten: Beer gardens have historically been a gathering place for communities and celebration, and they are the inspiration for the Cibo Express Food Hall seating area. A central bar located within the seating area features a selection of 24 beers on tap. Seasonal rotations, craft beers, local favorites, and international brews will all be part of the beer selection as developed by famed brewer Garrett Oliver. The garden will also offer a selection of 16 wines by the glass and seasonal cocktails.
- Custom Burgers: Also available at Terminal D, Custom Burgers offers delicious gourmet burgers made from a custom beef blend sourced from Pat LaFrieda, one of the top meat purveyors in New York. Burgers are grilled to order and served with all the fixings. Delicious house-made milkshakes are the perfect complement to a Custom Burger.
- Interwich: From Andrew Zimmern, who also has a concept in Delta's MSP dining space, Interwich offers a menu of globally inspired sandwiches made with locally sourced ingredients. Traditional sides and inventive salads round out the menu. Breakfast sandwiches, ice-cream sandwiches, make-your-own, and kiddie sandwiches offer something for everyone.
- Minnow: Also in Terminal D, Minnow will serve the best selections of fresh fish and shellfish in a quick-service and café venue. From raw options to chowders and salads to sandwiches, the menu developed by Chef Andrew Carmellini celebrates the flavors and versatility of fresh fish and shellfish.
- Vuelo Taqueria: In the hands of celebrated Chef Aaron Sanchez, Mexican spices and flavors come alive at Veulo Taqueria, a quick-serve eatery that offers simple but flavorful Mexican-inspired meals and snacks. Entrees focus on tortas and tacos, authentic street fare in any Mexican city. Using locally grown produce and meats elevate the quality and flavor of these simple meals. Mexican-inspired breakfast options include burritos, tostadas, and even tacos. A beverage program including a selection of agua frescas, Mexican beers, sangrias, and wine are also offered.
- wibar: Also located in Terminal D, wibar is the ultimate wine bar with 101 premium wines by the glass. Customers may also enjoy tasting pours (2 oz.), flights, half- and full-bottles. The wine list composed by Roger Dagorn features a wide range of wines from California, France, and all around the world. Wines are dispensed from an Enomatic wine serving system that keeps the wine fresh and allows customers to easily taste from the entire selection. A menu of small bites, cheese, and meats complements the wine offerings. For those who prefer beer, spirits, or coffee and espresso, a full selection will be available at wibar.
- WorldBean: WorldBean features fresh roasted coffee and espresso drinks. Fair-trade beans are sourced seasonally from small farmers throughout the world. Roasted in small batches to ensure freshness, the coffee selection will rotate depending on which coffee crops are in season. Balthazar pastries will be served at World Bean.
- World Nectar: The World Nectar counter will offer fresh squeezed juices and smoothies with a menu that includes both seasonal selections and year-round favorites. The organic fruit and vegetable juices will be made to order to ensure freshness, and the smoothie menu will include a wide selection of healthy and delicious options.
- Xun Su: Offering a new twist on quick-casual Chinese, Xun Su's menu highlights traditional Chinese favorites including Lo Mein, roasted and barbecued meats, and dumplings. At Xun Su, all of the Lo Mein dishes are wok'd to order in front of guests, and the menu offers a higher level of quality and freshness than typical fast food Asian venues, more closely mirroring a true Chinatown dining experience.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.