Kuba Cabana, a lively, new dining concept which stems from the beautiful traditions of Latin and Caribbean music, cuisine and culture, has debuted at the popular leisure destination CityPlace Doral in Doral, Florida. The energetic, culinary experience-based venue, which serves a Modern Latin-inspired menu, can best be described as an atmosphere where “Old World Cuba Meets Modern Miami.” Kuba Cabana features unmistakable Cuban and Caribbean flair with stunning, vibrant décor from neon signs and tropical foliage to walls donned with Cuban-inspired art from ten local artists.
“Kuba Cabana incorporates the experience of dynamic, Latin-inspired cuisine, decor reminiscent of Old Havana, all coupled with an unforgettable experience,” says Kuba Cabana co-manager Carlos Guerrero. “Kuba Cabana is a place where guests can enjoy an unforgettable meal with family and friends,” said Kuba Cabana co-manager Enrique Oropesa.
Guests can choose to dine in the Cabana Garden, the outdoor terrace located directly in front of the iconic fountain at CityPlace Doral, or the more formal option, the Kuba Social Club, which boasts floor to ceiling drapery, hand-painted walls and canvases, and a stage for special performances. Ownership has spared no expense in creating a truly authentic feel both inside and outside of the venue. All walls and artwork, including the floor in the stunning Chef’s Table room, are hand-painted by local Miami artists.
The culinary program brings the venue to the next level, led by Miami favorites, Corporate Chef Jorge Mas, and Executive Chef Pedro Sarracino, both have extensive experience in the international culinary world and Miami dining scene. The menu offers international Latin flare favorites such as the Pollo Barbacoa, Chuleta Ahumada and Kuviche – Kuba Cabana's classic ceviche with a Cuban twist. The restaurant exudes a sultry soundtrack of rumba, salsa, flamenco and tunes from the rich Latin musical cultures, and local DJs.
“We are proud to bring Kuba Cabana’s unique vibe and excellent cuisine to Doral, complementing CityPlace Doral’s already thriving atmosphere,” says founder Dieuveny “DJ” Jean Louis of UMG Hospitality Group. “Kuba Cabana distinguishes itself from others by offering a mix of stylish dining and lounge spaces paired with eclectic menus and world-class service. Our guests will get a true sense of modern Miami culture that is derived from years of tradition and culinary expressions, right here in Doral.”
Guests feel as if they are emerged in Havana, Cuba, as they enter the 8,900-square-foot restaurant, boasting interior design by renowned Mexican design firm Concepto Visual Estudio, and the overall concept by the executive team, who traveled to Cuba for inspiration for the design.
The inside bar, located within the Kuba Social Club, depicts the dayscape and nightscape of Old Cuba; the outside bar, located within the Cabana Garden, is constructed from a shiny, vintage red Pontiac Star Chief Convertible, to allow guests to travel back in time when sipping a cocktail, or enjoying dinner in the garden. The Kuba Social Club boasts a stage for live music, including entertainers and DJs, as well as a dedicated cigar room. The private Chef’s Table dining space, which is accessed through the kitchen, seats up to 12 guests and hosts those that are looking to take their dining experience to the next level.
The ever-changing Latin-inspired menu brings the delicious flavors of Cuba and the Caribbean to South Florida with dinner Monday-Friday from 4 p.m.–close, Saturday 3 p.m. to close and Sunday for brunch, 1-4 p.m. and dinner from 4 p.m. to close. Happy Hour is offered Monday–Friday 4–6 p.m. Lunch will be available to guests soon. Bottle service is offered, and recommended after midnight, when the venue transforms into an upscale lounge atmosphere. Guests can enjoy an unforgettable experience with a DJ spinning sultry sounds and entertainment throughout the Kuba Social Club.
The spirited Sunday brunch (1 p.m.–4 p.m.) features Kuba Cabana’s regular menu, as well as brunch dishes including Calentado (brisket vaca frita, congris, maduro and fried eggs), Pastrami Hash (poached eggs, confit potatoes, fermented cabbage, mojo emulsion) as well as Kuba Cabana’s famous waffles (fresh mango-pineapple sauce and egg custard foam.) Guests may add unlimited mimosas or Bloody Mary’s for $25.
Some fan-favorite dishes Include:
- Tuna Tartare – Papaya, fermented adobo, burnt avocado, blue corn chips
- Cobia Tiradito – Passion fruit leche de tigre, charred scallions, crispy quinoa, cilantro
- Yuca Lote – Fried yuca ‘’Mexican Elote style,’’ mojo crema, cotija cheese, chili-lime
- Not Your Caesar – Charred iceberg lettuce, smoked roe dressing, rye-crumbs, chives
- Burrata y Papaya – Heirloom tomatoes, burnt papaya, pesto and balsamic glaze
- Short Rib – Asado negro style, boniato puree, apple gremolata
- Pollo Barbacoa – Guava smoked half chicken, spiced guava jus, herbs
- Chuleta Ahumada – House cured pork chop, tropical sweet & sour sauce, chives
- Pesca’o Frito – Whole-fried snapper, charred yellow peppers, lemon
- Arroz de Mar – Corvina, octopus, squid, shrimp
Signature drinks include:
- Melon Toast – Toast Vodka, lime juice, simple syrup and muddle watermelon
- Kuba Old Fashioned – Nativo™ Rum, angostura bitters, lightly sweetened by Kuba Cabana’s house made simple syrup
- Mojito – Cruzan Rum, lime, sugar, and mint topped with soda water and a choice of fresh blueberry, mango or lychee
- Diablo Maracuja – Vida Mezcal, passion fruit, muddled lemon, sugar and a touch of jalapeno
- Kuba Lava – Powerful concoction of Tequillas Blanco, Reposado, Aneja and Mezcal, Cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup, finished with a splash of grapefruit juice
- During Happy Hour, guests can enjoy $4 select beers, $6 select wines, and $6 margaritas, piña coladas daiquiris and select cocktails.
- Some dessert dishes include:
- Chocoland – Nutella mousse, chocolate cookies, dark chocolate and guajillo dust
- Churitos de Yuca – Sweet yuca fritters, chocolate, dulce de leche & cinnamon
- For guests’ convenience, Kuba Cabana offers scannable QR code menus on the tables.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.