- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup root beer
- 1-1/2 cup Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile pepper powder
- 12 pounds chicken wings (thawed)
Recipe features chicken wings glazed with Kraft pitmaster Lee Ann Whippen's Root Beer BBQ Sauce.
- Saute shallots and garlic in butter in medium skillet on medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Deglaze pan with root beer. Heat to simmering; reduce liquid by half. Stir in barbecue sauce and chile powder. Remove from heat.
- For each serving: Cook 6 wings in 325ºF deep fryer 8 to 10 minutes or until done (165ºF); drain.
- Toss wings with 1 tablespoon of prepared sauce.