The Woodall, an new “approachable luxury experience” from John C. Metz, executive chef, CEO and co-founder of Sterling Hospitality, is set to open its doors to an eager Westside audience on Monday, February 8. The new eatery, located in the Westside Village at Moores Mill mixed-use development, will initially be open for dinner only and plans to expand its hours in the coming weeks.
“I’m so excited to welcome our friends and neighbors to the Woodall,” says Metz. “I love this community, and I want to contribute something fresh, exciting and modern. The Woodall is an upscale gathering place that reflects the unique and energetic character of this neighborhood with a globally inspired take on contemporary favorites.”
That menu includes such highlights as:
- Pigs in a Blanket: Mini wagyu beef hot dogs served on a puff pastry with spicy brown mustard
- Fondue: Creamy brie with white wine, served chef’s selection of meat, fresh veggies and bread for dipping
- Far East Salad: Hearts of butter lettuce, Tuscan kale, egg, sesame “Caesar” dressing, wonton
- Open-Faced Tenderloin: Marinated, grilled beef tenderloin with garlic kale pesto, crumbling Gorgonzola, caramelized onion confit, a roma tomato and grilled ciabatta in a balsamic glaze
- Pappardelle: A fresh egg pappardelle served with wild mushroom, thin zucchini, a blistered grape tomato, EVOO and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Steak Frites: Six spice-marinated New York strip steak served with tiny green beans and steak fries in a wild mushroom-cognac-peppercorn gravy
- Chicken Paillard: Prestige Farms Chicken accompanied with glazed heirloom carrots, fingerling potato, green beans and sauce velouté
Guests also can complement these flavorful offerings with handcrafted cocktails, including:
- Green Tea Cucumber “Gimlet”: Highclere Castle Gin, fresh lime, matcha tea syrup, matcha tea
- The Woodall: Seersucker Gin, Nonino Amaro, grapefruit, simple, lime, St George Absinthe rinse
- Hemingway Handshake: Strawberry infused rum, Royal Rose cardamom clove syrup, fresh lime
- The Manhattan: High West Double Rye, Cocchi di Torino, Jack Rudy bitters, Bittercube Bolivar bitters
- Bartender’s Choice – clear or not, boozy, stirred, strong or sweet, and hang on!
Metz, who will oversee the Woodall alongside chef de cuisine Scott Weaver and general manager Rick Blumberg, both Sterling Hospitality veterans, says that they are taking every precaution to keep guests and employees as safe as possible during the pandemic. In addition to requiring masks and social distancing, the Woodall will strictly control the number of guests in the building. It has installed Plexiglas dividers between booths and an upgraded Reme Halo air filtration system that kills 99% of all germs. Sanitation stations are available throughout the building.
Named for the creek that, along with Peachtree Creek, defines the borders of Moores Mill, the Woodall occupies a converted brick warehouse updated with contemporary design touches including whitewashed brick, a mural by Thomas Turner and unique lighting elements. The heated outdoor patio features both banquette and spacious seating.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.