Chef Jacob Weaver of Juliet took top honors for both “Best of Show” and “Best Mediterranean” categories at the 2016 Austin Lamb Jam. Chef Jacob Weaver will compete for title of “Lamb Jam Master” this fall alongside winners from Lamb Jams in Seattle, Boston, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco.
Sponsored by the American Lamb Board, the Austin Lamb Jam gathered more than 300 hungry fans to taste globally inspired lamb concepts prepared by the city’s finest chefs. A panel of local food media judges blind taste tested the different lamb dishes, declaring the following winners in each category:
- Best of Show and Best Mediterranean: Chef Jacob Weaver of Juliet: Braised lamb neck and gnocchi Parisienne.
- Best Latin American: Chef Joe Anguiano of VOX Table: Taco de birria de cordero: lamb taco.
- Best Middle Eastern: Chef Chris Hurley of The Bonneville: Roasted pear and chestnut soup with Moroccan spiced lamb shoulder.
- Best Asian: Chef Amir Hajimaleki of Oasthouse Gastropub: Sous vide lamb belly nigiri.
- People’s Choice: Chef Danny Kievit of Moonshine Grill: Love you lamb time: Vietnamese meatball in lettuce wrap with crispy rice and pickled vegetable.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.