The Iron Horse Hotel, in Milwaukee, announced the appointment of Executive Chef Joshua Rogers along with refreshing updates to summer menus at Smyth and Branded. Rogers combines traditional techniques with a contemporary approach, while keeping in mind the philosophy of honest cooking—sustainable sourcing with intention.
“I believe that simplicity can be very satisfying and successful, and I’m thrilled to create a new culinary vision for The Iron Horse Hotel,” Rogers notes. “From each ingredient to every plated dish and all the steps in between, I aspire to lead by example to show my team that I am with them every step of the way.”
Before joining Smyth at The Iron Horse Hotel, Rogers held the role of sous chef at Cheeca Lodge and Spa, where he honed his culinary expertise under nationally acclaimed, James Beard-nominated Chef Dean James Max. Rogers later joined The Fairmont Hotel San Francisco as chef de cuisine, where he mastered his skills at engineering each menu and developing recipes. He also excelled in the role as chef de cuisine at the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, China. In 2014, Rogers moved back to the U.S., where he accepted the position as executive sous chef at Nantucket Island Resorts in Massachusetts.
Rogers’s goal for consistent high-quality results is accomplished through the deep passion he has for his career as well as the calm demeanor and leadership he brings to his culinary team. Rogers’s menu is influenced by the seasons and local surroundings and created with the intention of simplistic techniques to preserve the flavor of simple ingredients. Summer items include:
- Chilled Corn Soup with chanterelles and shrimp
- Serrano Ham with wild mushroom, arugula, crème fraiche, and summer truffle
- Globe Artichoke with duck egg, seasonal vegetable, and sauce gribiche
- Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breast with marcona almond, fig, and baby leek
- Red Scarlet Quinoa with quail egg, rocket baby baguette, sarvecchio, and caesar dressing
- Biker’s Sandwich with flat iron steak, caramelized onions, Guinness mustard, and pretzel bun
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.