Delaware-based Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant welcomed their national charity partner and recipient of their Triple Chocolate Hill giving initiative, CureSearch for Children’s Cancer, this afternoon at their flagship store in Wilmington, DE and presented the organization with a check for $32,766.90 and to date, has raised nearly $300,000 for the organization since 2004. CureSearch, a national non-profit foundation, drives innovation, eliminates research barriers, solves the field’s most challenging problems and annually funds clinical trials and scientific research questions that challenge to push the field closer to a cure for childhood cancer.
The Triple Chocolate Hill charity initiative was implemented as a community program to donate a $1.50 of the proceeds from the desert to both national and local charities. Each time a guest orders the Triple Chocolate Hill dessert, Iron Hill donates $.75 to CureSearch and the additional $.75 is given to an organization chosen by each individual Iron Hill location.
In addition to raising over $30,000 for CureSearch through donation matching and additional fundraising programs, Iron Hill has also raised over $29,000 for individual local charities this year. (See below for a list of local charities and donations)
- Ardmore, PA - $2,294.25 for Ardmore Food Pantry
- Chestnut Hill, PA - $2,216.25 for Food Moxie
- Greenville, SC - $1,055.25 for Project Host
- Hershey, PA - $180.75 for Cocoa Packs
- Huntington Valley, PA - $3,060.75 for CORA Services
- Lancaster, PA - $2,811.00 for Mental Health America of Lancaster County
- Maple Shade, NJ - $1,845.75 for BUDS (Bringing Up Down Syndrome)
- Media, PA - $2,316.75 for Easter Seals Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Newark, DE - $1,905.00 for UDance
- North Wales, PA - $2,411.25 for Feed Their Dreams Foundation
- Philadelphia, PA - $569.25 for Philabundance
- Phoenixville, PA - $1,433.25 for Phoenixville Area Community Services
- Rehoboth Beach, DE - $1,413.75 for Children’s Beach House
- West Chester, PA - $1,869.00 for Delaware Valley Children’s Charity
- Wilmington, DE - $2,338.25 for The Delaware HIV Consortium
- Voorhees, NJ - $2,051.25 for The Valerie Fund
“At Iron Hill, community extends beyond our walls and into the neighborhoods that we serve,” says Iron Hill CEO Kim Boerema. “We work very closely with CureSearch, as well as our individual community partners and offer several opportunities to help raise money and awareness, and we’re thrilled that these initiatives have had such a wide impact on the communities we serve.”
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.