P.F. Chang’s guests will have the chance to experience the fresh, bright flavors of Southeast Asia with the introduction of “Inspired.,” the restaurant’s new menu featuring culinary creations inspired by the vibrant flavors of Southeast Asia. The menu is available in all P.F. Chang’s locations in the contiguous U.S. starting March 4 and will be available for a limited time.
P.F. Chang’s co-founder Philip Chiang and Creative Culinary Chef Yuji Iwasa share the inspiration story for the creation of the “Inspired.” menu in P.F. Chang’s new video, “Inspired Conversations.”
Each of the four new dishes on the “Inspired.” menu incorporate vibrant ingredients from fiery spices to sweet fruit, perfectly paired with select wines recommended by Director of Beverage Mary Melton. P.F. Chang’s “Inspired.” menu features:
- Vietnamese Prawn Rolls: Crispy prawn rolls wrapped in cool Bibb lettuce leaves and served with fresh Thai basil, mint, cilantro, and a bold toasted sesame-soy sauce
- Wine Pairing: Mumm Napa Brut. This sparkling wine lightens the spice in the sauce with a touch of sweetness
- Thai Beef and Noodle Salad: Wok-seared caramelized beef, chilled crisp greens, egg noodles, mango, cucumber, avocado, and fresh herbs tossed in a tangy citrus vinaigrette, topped with cilantro and chopped peanuts
- Wine Pairing: Garnet Pinot Noir. The bright fruitiness complements the tangy citrus flavors in the dressing
- Thai Basil Sambal Noodles: Rice noodles, crisp sugar snap peas, fresh corn, ripe tomatoes, and Thai basil tossed in a spicy coconut sambal sauce with your choice of chicken, shrimp, or a combination of both
- Wine Pairing: S.A. Prum “Essence” Riesling. This aromatic, fruity wine complements the boldness of both the coconut and spice in the sambal sauce
- Sea Bass with Tropical Salsa: Sea Bass marinated in a light sriracha sauce, broiled and topped with a fresh tropical salsa and micro greens. Served over grilled asparagus and drizzled with a sweet chili sauce
- Wine Pairing: Brancott Sauvignon Blanc. The herbal notes and tangy acids pair well with the Sea Bass, and the sweet fruit flavors complement the spice of the sriracha
“Our new ‘Inspired.’ menu showcases our exploration of fresh Asian cuisine, and the wines we’ve selected to enhance and complement each dish,” says Rick Federico, CEO of P.F. Chang’s. “We are excited for our guests to experience the bright, bold flavors of Southeast Asia and our new ‘Inspired.’ menu.”
To bring the dishes to life in a visual way, P.F. Chang’s created an eye-catching infographic that tells a story about the history of Southeast Asian flavors such as sriracha and Thai basil, and instructs readers on how to select the best wine to complement those flavors. The infographic, “How to Pair Wine With the Bright, Bold Flavors of Southeast Asia,” is available on the menu’s microsite and Pinterest page.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.