IHOP is serving up that “Saturday morning feeling” all week long with a new limited-time menu of Cereal Pancakes and Shakes. The IHOP culinary team joined forces with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries, and Fruity Lucky Charms to create a pancake and milkshake lineup.
Available at IHOP restaurants now through April 12, the Cereal Pancakes and Shakes menu uses ingredients that are both innovative and nostalgic and have never been used before in combination with IHOP’s World Famous buttermilk pancakes. Some of the most fun ingredients include cereal milk mousse, a silky cream that tastes like the sweet milk that’s left over after eating a bowl of cereal, and blue vanilla sparkle sauce, which will just have to be seen to be believed.
The full Cereal Pancakes and Shakes lineup includes:
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes with cinnamon spread, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, cream cheese icing, a crown of whipped topping and cinnamon sugar
- Crunch Berries Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes with cereal milk mousse, blue vanilla sparkle sauce, Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries cereal and a crown of whipped topping
- Fruity Lucky Charms Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes with cereal milk mousse, vanilla sauce, Fruity Lucky Charms cereal and a crown of sweet purple whipped icing
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milkshake: Premium vanilla ice cream blended with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, topped with a crown of whipped topping, more cereal and cinnamon sugar
- Crunch Berries Milkshake: Premium vanilla ice cream blended with Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries cereal, drizzled with blue vanilla sparkle sauce and topped with whipped topping and more cereal
- Magical Marshmallow Kids Combo: One buttermilk pancake topped with vanilla sauce, marshmallow cereal and sweet purple whipped icing, with one scrambled egg, one bacon strip and one pork sausage link
- Berry-tastic Crunch Kids Combo: One buttermilk pancake topped with blue vanilla sparkle sauce, crunchy berry cereal and whipped topping, with one scrambled egg, one bacon strip and one pork sausage link
IHOP is also giving parents another big reason to visit – Kids Eat Free is back. Now through April 12, kids 12 and under eat free with the purchase of one adult entrée every day from 4-10 p.m.
To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day later this month, IHOP is making the luckiest day of the year even luckier with $1 St. Paddy’s Day Cakes available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 17. St. Paddy’s Day Cakes are short stacks made of two fluffy Irish-green pancakes topped with sweet cream cheese icing, Fruity Lucky Charms™ cereal and a crown of whipped topping.
“Shortly after our test kitchen chefs first began playing with the idea of Cereal Pancakes, we served them to our guests in focus groups and one of the main things they told us was that it made them feel nostalgic for those Saturday mornings watching cartoons and eating cereal when they were kids,” says Brad Haley, Chief Marketing Officer at IHOP. “So, while some may see our new Cereal Pancakes menu as the antidote to the ‘adulting’ phenomenon that many grown-ups complain of today, we see them simply as the delicious combination of two of America’s favorite breakfast foods that we didn’t know we needed. What’s also cool is that they are just as fun to look at as they are to eat … or drink in the case of our new Cereal Milkshakes.”
“To help people recall those carefree days of childhood, our creative agency, New York-based Droga5, developed a humorous ad campaign starring IHOP’s new CEO, which stands for Child Executive Officer,” Haley says. “Of course, her first big idea is Cereal Pancakes and Shakes – and Kids Eat Free because they don’t have any money – followed by a cereal pool for the entire Board of Directors to swim in.”
“Cap’n Crunch is all about bringing adventure to the table, and we’re thrilled to embark on this new voyage with IHOP, another breakfast icon,” adds Kristin Kroepfl, vice president and chief marketing officer at Quaker Foods North America. “We can’t wait for people to experience the Crunch they know and love through this creative and flavorful breakfast journey that helps remind people of the simple, delicious joys of Saturday mornings.”
“Our cereals are not just for breakfast with milk. Families love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Fruity Lucky Charms in a variety of ways throughout the day,” says Garren Hamby, Director of Foodservice Sales with General Mills Convenience & Foodservice, which partners with restaurants to provide back-of-house products, recipe inspiration and culinary support. “We are excited to collaborate with IHOP to create the new shakes and pancake dishes for their guests and our fans to enjoy.”
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.