Celebrations are in full swing at beloved pizza concept Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, as the brand celebrates 20 years since its expansion beyond New York to neighborhoods across the United States. Starting on March 7, Grimaldi’s will launch its Celebration. Menu showcasing unique and specialty menu items. The menu features inventive additions, such as a NY Hot Dog Pizza, a white pizza topped with all-beef hot dog slices, red onions, sauerkraut and stone-ground mustard, that pays homage to the brand’s roots in New York City.
“Celebrating 20 years is a key milestone, so we knew we needed to do something equally special to celebrate,” said Grimaldi’s Director of Marketing Pam Nedwetzky. “We challenged our culinary manager Hector Godinez to come up with a never-before seen pizza. Marrying the traditional New York preparation of an all-beef hot dog with mustard, sauerkraut and onions on a pizza crust made perfect sense to celebrate this occasion. While it might seem like a strange combination to some, we wanted to create a menu item combining two iconic New York staples – pizza and hotdogs.”
The full Celebration! Menu includes:
- NY Hot Dog Pizza: White pizza topped with all-beef hot dog slices, red onions, sauerkraut and stone-ground mustard.
- Arugula Snap Salad: Arugula, tomatoes, red onions, sugar snap peas and feta cheese tossed in a lemon-mustard vinaigrette.
- Confetti Cheesecake: Vanilla and rainbow confetti batter on a Nilla Wafer crust topped with whipped cream and more confetti.
- Coconut Cream Cheesecake: Coconut cheesecake made with coconut puree and coconut flakes on a Nilla Wafer crust topped with toasted coconut and whipped cream.
- The Bridge Board: Prosciutto, salami, fresh mozzarella, kalamata olives, sugar snap peas, antipasto peppers and stone-ground mustard. Served with a side of bread.
- Peroni Coney Island Spritz: Peroni Italian lager, Lazzaroni limoncello and Aperol stirred and topped with a lemon wheel.
- The Boulevard: Twist on a boulevardier with Tincup whiskey, Cinzano sweet vermouth, Campari, fresh oregano and honey-jasmine syrup shaken and served with fresh oregano and orange peel.
The menu is available for dine-in and takeout on March 7 through June 6, 2023, at Grimaldi’s locations nationwide excluding the historic location at 1 Front Street, Brooklyn, NY and Grimaldi’s Pizzeria To-Go locations.
Grimaldi’s first location outside of New York opened in Scottsdale, AZ on February 14, 2003, and continues to be one of its busiest locations. The Scottsdale opening marked the beginning of the brand’s successful expansion to neighborhoods across the country, which currently includes over 40 locations in 11 states. Over the past two decades, Grimaldi’s has become a household name recognized for its traditional coal-fired, brick oven pizza and casual, yet upscale New York-themed restaurants. Key to the brand’s success is its continued commitment to pizza-making traditions originating in Brooklyn over 100 years ago.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.