To kick off Oktoberfest in true German fashion, Gordon Biersch—the restaurant where German precision brewing meets American craft beer—is hosting tapping parties at participating locations on Wednesday, September 18.
Then, from September 18 through October 6, guests will be transported to Munich with authentic Oktoberfest fare and freshly tapped Festbier—Gordon Biersch’s house-brewed amber lager with a slightly sweet toasted maltiness, balanced by the subtle spice of German Hersbrucker Hops.
To add to the excitement, guests can drink up for a good cause because Gordon Biersch will donate 25 cents of every Festbier sold from September 18-October 6 to a local charity.
The restaurant and brewery’s seasonal scratch-made dishes – made to pair perfectly with Festbier – include:
- Bavarian Pretzel – Housemade Havarti fondue, mustard.
- Bratwurst Sliders – Caramelized onions, housemade mustard, pretzel roll.
- Seared Ahi Tuna Salad – Togarashi and sesame seed crusted seared ahi tuna, romaine, cabbage, pickled cucumbers, wasabi vinaigrette, wonton strips, sriracha drizzle.
- Märzen BBQ Bacon Burger – Bacon, cheddar cheese, Märzen BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion.
- Chicken Schnitzel – Hand-breaded chicken, mushroom spätzle, white wine and lemon caper sauce.
- Havarti Mac ‘N Cheese – Farfalle pasta, housemade Havarti cream sauce, bacon, green onion.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – Housemade pumpkin cheesecake topped with cream cheese frosting.
Of course, you can’t prost without a drink in-hand. So be sure to grab a Festbier – bonus: guests can take home the commemorative Festbier stein for only $6 – or choose from any of these festive sips:
- The Buzz – Bourbon, lemon juice, honey.
- Blood Orange Cosmo – Effen Blood Orange vodka, Cointreau, cranberry.
- Sangria – Fruit-infused traditional wine cocktail made with Alizé Red Passion.
“There’s no better place this side of the Rhine to enjoy authentic German lagers and gourmet food than Gordon Biersch,” says Director of Marketing Ashley Montgomery. “Tapping parties with great food and drinks all served in a festive atmosphere makes Gordon Biersch the perfect place to celebrate Oktoberfest. In addition to the festivities, we are proud to support our local communities through our Festbier fundraiser.”
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.