Frisch’s Big Boy Restaurants introduced six new sweet and savory menu items the entire family will fall in love with.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf—Moist-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the-outside homemade meatloaf topped with bacon and cheddar cheese, served with two sides and a roll for $8.99.
- Italian Meatloaf—Moist-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the-outside, homemade meatloaf topped with Italian meat sauce and provolone cheese, served with two sides and a roll for $8.99.
- New side dishes—Steamed broccoli, carrots, cheddar mashed potatoes, baked potato and baked sweet potato.
- Chorizo Burrito—Chorizo, egg, hash browns and cheese wrapped in a warm flour tortilla for $3.29
- Chorizo Spanish Omelet—Farm-fresh eggs with mushrooms, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, salsa and Chorizo. Served with hash browns, toast and jelly for $7.99.
- Pumpkin Hot Fudge Cake—Pumpkin cake with rich caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream and whipped topping, finished with pecan halves for $3.49.
“It’s comfort-food time at Frisch’s Big Boy. People don’t have the time to make some of these classic family favorites at home anymore. Our meatloaf recipe has been passed down for generations and was given to us by a Frisch’s employee who has been with our restaurant for 38 years now. Using family recipes is important to us because food and family are what make a meal special,” says CEO Jason Vaughn.
Frisch’s estimates at least one-third of its recipes are family-originated. They are made today in the Frisch’s Kitchen, located in Walnut Hills, Ohio, where personnel prepare everything from pie crusts to handcrafted soups and spice blends that are served daily in Frisch’s restaurants in Columbus, Dayton, Lexington, Louisville and Cincinnati.
Baked and sweet potatoes are available every day from 4 to 10 p.m. All other items are served all day, every day at participating Frisch’s Big Boy restaurants in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Lexington and Louisville starting on November 1. The Pumpkin Hot Fudge Cake is a limited time menu item that will only be available until January 2, 2018.
Founded in 1939, Frisch’s Big Boy restaurants are located in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. NRD Capital, a private equity firm based in Atlanta, Georgia, acquired the company in August 2015. Frisch’s operates 96 Big Boy restaurants and franchises another 25 restaurants to independent operators.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.