As we celebrate the earliest vernal equinox in over a century, Friendly’s iconic SuperMelt Sandwich is being heralded once again as the official sandwich of the first day of spring.
“With an early Spring comes an earlier opportunity to take advantage of our latest deal on our iconic SuperMelt sandwiches—cheesy masterpieces in signature flavors and grilled-to-order,” says Dennis Pfaff, FIC Restaurants Inc., Chief Operating Officer. “We couldn’t let this day pass without celebrating the warming days the best way we know how: with melted cheese.”
Friendly’s legendary SuperMelts have been uniting the irresistible combination of melted cheese and grilled bread with a variety of savory and tender proteins since the sandwich’s debut on a Friendly’s menu more than 30 years ago. For over three decades, sandwich lovers have indulged in this classic yet next-level comfort food featuring mouthwatering cheeses that melt and bubble right over the edge.
Friendly’s invites consumers to celebrate the first day of spring by enjoying any SuperMelt at any of its restaurants for a discounted price of 50 percent off on March 19, 2020. The offer includes fries and is dine-in only. There are six varieties of SuperMelt sandwiches on the menu at Friendly’s restaurants nationwide:
- Honey BBQ Chicken SuperMelt Sandwich: country-breaded, all-white chicken tenders covered in sweet honey BBQ sauce, melted cheddar cheese, crispy applewood-smoked bacon and Ranch dressing on grilled sourdough bread;
- Turkey Club SuperMelt Sandwich: tasty hand-carved turkey breast layered with applewood-smoked bacon, melted American cheese, tomato and Thousand Island dressing on freshly grilled sourdough bread;
- Philly Steak & Cheese SuperMelt Sandwich: savory grilled sirloin steak thinly sliced and topped with sautéed green peppers and onions, with melted American cheese on just-off-the-grill sourdough bread;
- Reuben SuperMelt Sandwich: fresh, tender brisket corned beef, melted Swiss cheese, tangy sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing on freshly grilled honey-dill rye bread;
- Fishamajig SuperMelt Sandwich: traditional golden-breaded Haddock topped off with melted American cheese and tartar sauce on grilled white bread;
- Tuna Salad SuperMelt Sandwich: Ocean-fresh Albacore tuna salad with melty American cheese and tomato on perfectly grilled sourdough bread.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.