FPI, a High Liner Foods (USA), Inc. foodservice brand, today announced the addition of six new flavors across its three best-selling product lines, giving foodservice operators bolder and more contemporary flavor choices to revolutionize their menu offerings during the 2012 Lenten season.
The new flavors come fully-prepared and capitalize on the latest trends in flavors and coatings, offering premium white-tablecloth seafood options that allow operators to go beyond traditional battered and breaded seafood options while saving labor and expense. Specifically, the six new products are:
· UpperCrust Multigrain Crusted Haddock - A crunchy multigrain crust featuring a blend of thyme, garlic, and lemon on a premium natural cut of haddock combine to make a healthy and delicious menu choice
· UpperCrust Caribbean Crusted Cod - A crust of peppers, coconut, and Caribbean spices top an all-natural premium cod portion for a taste of the tropics
· Pan-Sear Selects Cajun-Style Tilapia - A blend of paprika, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper on a premium tilapia fillet delivers a hot upscale twist on a classic coating style
· Pan-Sear Selects Maple Cedar Salmon - A flaky and moist wild salmon portion covered in a combination of sweet maple syrup, mustard seeds, and fresh herbs creates a unique maple taste experience with all of the benefits of salmon
· FireRoasters Island Grill Tilapia - A tropical blend of roasted garlic, pineapple, and island spices over a white and flaky tilapia fillet combine to create an authentic and premium taste of the islands
· FireRoasters Bacon Bourbon BBQ Salmon – An all-natural wild salmon fillet smothered in a barbecue glaze made with Jim Beam bourbon and a dash of real bacon yields a sweet and tangy southern-style experience
“With our FPI brand, we’re always focused on developing innovative and flavorful seafood products that create a “wow” factor on any menu”, says Jim LaBelle, Vice President of Foodservice Marketing for High Liner Foods (USA), Inc.
“With these new delicious and easy-to-prepare flavors, we’ve tapped into our culinary expertise to give operators bolder tasting seafood choices in our three most popular lines.”
The new products also give operators more diverse menu utilization options in using these premium fillets in salads, sandwiches, and appetizers in addition to the core center-of-the plate applications.
FPI is a leading brand of quality seafood in the foodservice market, offering an exceptionally broad portfolio of on-trend and in-demand seafood solutions to America’s largest restaurant chains, national distributors and regional specialists. FPI is a core foodservice brand of High Liner Foods (USA), Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of High Liner Foods Inc., a leading North American processor and marketer of prepared, value-added frozen seafood.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.