Today, Fogo de Chão, the internationally-acclaimed restaurant from Brazil that allows guests to make culinary discoveries at every turn, opens its new location at 2801 Ponce de Leon Blvd in Coral Gables, FL. The restaurant is in the newly-developed Plaza Coral Gables — an all-in-one hospitality, shopping and entertainment destination just steps away from the coveted Miracle Mile. A portion of first week’s sales will be donated to Feeding South Florida, benefitting the nonprofit’s dedication to end hunger in the greater Miami area and beyond.
The expansive 280-seat dining room is anchored by an open-air churrasco bar where guests can dine while watching gaucho chefs showcase the culinary art of churrasco as they butcher, prepare and grill different cuts of meat over an open flame. Fogo’s seasonal Market Table welcomes guests to discover fresh salads and soup, exotic fruits, vegetables, imported charcuterie and more. The new restaurant showcases dry-aged meat lockers for in-house aging, soaring wine cases displaying South America’s finest varietals, natural wood finishes and dramatic chandeliers across a vaulted ceiling.
Overlooking the dining room is The Next Level Lounge, an exclusive lounge located on the mezzanine level of the new restaurant providing an elevated bar experience for guests to unwind with a variety of South American wines and a premium whiskey and bourbon menu. Additionally, the new location features The Butchery, a grab-and-go market where guests can enjoy charcuterie and a selection of South American wines while gaucho chefs expertly butcher premium proteins packaged to grill at home. Guests can also enjoy the expansive outdoor patio for al fresco churrasco dining or meet with friends at the lively indoor Bar Fogo area, ideal for all-day happy hour.
“We’re proud to have been a part of the Miami-Dade area for the past 14 years and look forward to bringing our latest innovative experiences to The Gables,” says Barry McGowan, Chief Executive Officer of Fogo de Chão. “As we continue to grow our brand globally, it’s important that we serve and support our local community in the best way we know how- by feeding them. That’s why we’re excited to partner with Feeding South Florida, who helps bring hunger relief to so many families throughout the area.”
Simply seasoned, fire-roasted proteins are the core of the Churrasco dining experience where guests can discover a variety of flavors ranging from premium filet mignon and bone-in cowboy ribeye; decadent beef ribs and lamb chops; and house specialties Picanha (prime cut of the top sirloin) and Fraldinha (bottom sirloin with strong marbling for robust flavor). Fogo Coral Gables offers a range of menu selections and prices to fit guests’ needs for lunch and dinner, including:
● Full Churrasco Experience – The signature menu selection that includes all premium and classic cuts, plus the fresh and seasonal Market Table & Feijoada Bar and authentic Brazilian side dishes.
● Indulgent Cuts – Guests can enhance their experience with a 20 oz. Wagyu New York Strip that is carved tableside on a Himalayan salt block to complement the cut’s intense marbling and buttery texture. A decadent, dry-aged 32 oz. long bone Tomahawk Ribeye or 24 oz. Wagyu Ribeye are also available to order for the table.
Additionally, restaurant and menu features include:
● Weekday Lunch — Includes the seasonal Market Table & Feijoada Bar, plus family-style service of Brazilian side dishes for $15 per person. Guests may choose to add a single cut of fire-roasted meat or have the Full Churrasco Experience.
● Weekend Brazilian Brunch — Includes the Full Churrasco Experience combined with Brazilian-inspired brunch items like Braised Beef Rib Hash along with made-to-order waffle and omelet stations.
● Bar Fogo — The Gables bar offers an elevated experience with a contemporary bar, lounge seating and dedicated bar staff designed to allow each guest to both linger and discover something new with each visit including an all-new cocktail and bar bites menu.
● All-Day Happy Hour - Guests can enjoy all-day happy hour in the main dining room and Bar fogo area every day featuring $9 Brazilian-Inspired cocktails, $7 glasses of South American wines, small plates like Lobster & Shrimp Tacos, Churrasco meat boards or the mouthwatering grilled Brazilian cheese.
● Seafood — Brazilian-inspired seafood options are available a la carte, including shrimp and lobster appetizers, Chilean sea bass and a Seafood Tower.
● Fogo To-Go & Catering — Bring the Fogo experience home with individual churrasco entrees, à al carte offerings, catered events and ready-to-eat or ready-to-grill options from The Butchery.
● Group and Private Dining — Whether celebrating a special birthday or hosting a corporate meeting, the Coral Gables location has a dedicated sales manager and offers customizable menus, beautiful private and semi-private dining spaces and complimentary A/V equipment.
A dining experience for all ages, children six and under enjoy complimentary dining at Fogo Coral Gables and ages 7-12 dine at half-price for the Full Churrasco Experience.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.