Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar launched its WinePad in May. Designed exclusively for Fleming’s and housed on a customized Apple iPad, it helps guests navigate the restaurant’s extensive wine list.
“For our Guests, the WinePad takes the guessing out of ordering wine,” says national director of wine, Maeve Pesquera. “We look forward to enhancing the experiences of our guests and taking the intimidation factor out of wine.”
The application was developed by Fleming’s national wine director, Maeve Pesquera, and the brand’s national IT training coordinator, Craig Sheppard.
The development took two years, and was tested in ten restaurants before launching nationally in May.
As the contemporary iteration of the classic American steakhouse, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is at the forefront of both technology and wine. Noted industry-wide for its technological advances and offerings, Fleming’s heralds the WinePad launch as the evolution of its successful Fleming’s 100, its award-winning wine program that features 100 wines by the glass. Not only does the WinePad boast easy-to-use intuitive and interactive software, but it also provides label-specific tasting notes and, in some cases, the story behind the wine.
Another unique and differentiating element to the WinePad is the ability for guests to match their current mood with specific varietal categories and tastes, providing a customized experience with the “What’s Your Mood” function. White wine moods range from Fragrant & Fruity to Rich & Elegant, red wine moods include Big & Intense and Rich & Voluptuous, and sweet wine moods feature Sweet & Mouthwatering and Sweet & Powerful. The WinePad Mood Matcher function offers more than 10 moods with various wine selections for each to satisfy Guests’ ever-changing tastes.
Pesquera says since May, they’ve seen guests engaging in a different way. The WinePad is meant to enhance the conversation with the server, not replace the server.
“The WinePad helps people experiment and make decisions in a different way,” Pesquera says.
Offered at each of its 65 locations nationwide, the WinePad design mirrors the Fleming’s décor with a custom-designed case and color palette. Available tableside or at the bar, the WinePad has other standard features including:
- Wine List Tab – Sorts wines in progressive order from lightest to fullest by region, varietal, Fleming’s 100 selections, wines rated at 90+ by Robert Parker Wine, Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast and local selections chosen by the location’s Wine Manager;
- Maeve’s Raves – Presents wines selections recommended by the National Director of Wine, Maeve Pesquera;
- Perfect Pairings – Showcases wine and food pairings based on the Guests’ menu selection by providing three perfectly paired wine options that deliciously accentuates complementary flavors. This takes the guesswork out of selecting the perfect glass of wine for each course;
- Spin the Bottle – Provides a fun and adventurous take on ordering wine for the indecisive. The bottle icon spins and lands on a different selection each time;
- Share This Wine – Gives Fleming’s Guests the ability to email themselves any wine on the wine list. The email comes to the Guest’s inbox complete with their new favorite wine, tasting notes and an image of the label;
- Register for ‘Friend of Fleming’s’ – Encourages Guests to sign up directly from the WinePad to receive exclusive offers from Fleming’s and the opportunity to be the first to know about seasonal menus, exclusive wine tasting events and other extended offers;
- Tonight’s Features –Gives the inside scoop on everything happening at your Fleming’s tonight.
The WinePad also makes it possible for the restaurant to keep a close eye on inventory and never run out of stock.
“Fleming’s has a 15-year history of innovation,” Pesquera says. “It’s in our heritage to adapt to our Guests’ changing tastes and needs as their daily lives seamlessly integrate technology. The WinePad is the next natural step to giving Guests what they want - an exciting and educational interactive dining experience.”
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.