Firebirds Wood Fired Grill will be turning lemons into lemonade June 9 – 11 during Lemonade Days, an event to raise money to fight childhood cancer. The restaurant is partnering with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF), a non-profit organization that funds childhood cancer treatment and research. To date, Firebirds has donated more than $3 million to ALSF.
“Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is truly one of ALSF’s most dedicated partners, raising money year-round to help fund critical research and treatments for children battling cancer,” says Liz Scott, ALSF’s co-executive director and mother to ALSF founder, Alex Scott. “Firebirds has made our partnership a part of its corporate culture and we are very grateful for their guests who make purchases to support our fight against childhood cancer.”
“This is one of our favorite times of the year and we are proud to support ALSF’s efforts and make a significant contribution, which is why our goal this year is to raise $250,000,” adds Firebirds’ Chief Brand Officer Stephen Loftis. “We look forward to achieving that goal, one cup of lemonade at a time.”
While Firebirds is donating 100 percent of sales from the purchase of lemonade at each of the restaurants’ lemonade stands June 9 through June 11, it is also providing guests with a variety of ways to help fight childhood cancer now through June 30, including:
- $2 from each purchase of Tito’s Lemonade Drop Martini, and $1 from each purchase of the signature five-layer Big Daddy Lemon Cake will be donated to ALSF.
- Guests have the option to “Round up for a Cure” and round up their check to the nearest dollar, and ALSF will receive every additional cent.
- Donations may be made directly on a guest’s receipt.
- A donation can be made when ordering online at checkout at https://firebirdsrestaurants.com.
- ALSF was born from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott (1996 - 2004). In 2000, 4-year-old Alex said she wanted to create a lemonade stand to help find a cure for all children with cancer.
- To date, Firebirds has raised more than $3 million for the national charity, which is ranked a top four-star non-profit organization by Charity Navigator, the leading charity evaluator in America.
- Since Alex’s first homemade lemonade stand, ALSF has raised more than $250 million.
- Alex’s Lemonade is available for purchase on all Firebirds menus including the brand’s highly regarded Kids Menu. Throughout the year, Firebirds donates $1.25 for every purchase of lemonade.
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill’s Lemonade Days partners include: Produce Alliance • Lawler’s • Brothers Produce • Performance Foodservice • C&C Produce • Oregon Fruit • Keany Produce • Central Illinois Produce • Creation Gardens • Dixie Produce • J. Ambrogi Foods • Premier Produce • The Garden Wholesale • W.R. Vernon Produce • Todd’s Tomatoes • Sweet Street • Liberty Fruit • Phoenix Produce • Senn Brothers Produce • Sirna and Sons Produce • Frontier Produce • What Chefs Want • Willie Itule Produce • McCartney Produce
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.