Rainbird, the newly opened fine dining restaurant in El Capitan, a JdV by Hyatt hotel in downtown Merced, announces its upcoming Taste of Wine Country Dinner Series, welcoming four California-based wineries. Held on the first Thursday in September, October, November, and December, guests will experience a specially curated wine pairing multi-course tasting menu experience from Executive Chef Quentin Garcia, which will be sourced from local and regional farms with a focus on vegetable-forward and hyperseasonal ingredients, highlighting Garcia’s deep relationships with the community and surrounding agricultural region.
For a sneak peek into the first wine dinner, scheduled for Thursday, September 8 with Sonoma Valley’s Winery Sixteen 600, guests will enjoy:
- Vista Ranch Heirloom Tomato Tart with smoked ricotta, olive oil, and citrus
- Paired with Sixteen 600’s Rossi Hommage Blanc White
- Sweet Corn Custard with black truffle cured quail egg and corn espuma
- Paired with Sixteen 600’s Ottelini Hommage (Mourvèdre, Syrah)
- Uni and Crab Chawanmushi Dulse Seaweed with coal roasted crab gele fingerlimes
- Paired with Sixteen 600’s 2018 Moon Mountain Chardonnay
- Mariposa Ranch Eye of Rib with slow roasted tomato pommes puree and carmelized shallot jus
- Paired with Sixteen 600’s 2019 Dos Limones Syrah
- Almond Panna Cotta with white chocolate and crème fraiche
- Paired with Sixteen 600’s Zinfadel
WHEN: September 8 – Winery Sixteen 600 (Sonoma Valley)
October 6 – Sevtap Winery (Santa Barbara County)
November 3 – Rombauer Vineyards (Napa Valley)
December 1 – Brander Vineyard (Santa Barbara County)
El Capitan Hotel
609 West Main Street
Merced, CA 95340
TICKETS: Seats are priced at $155/person for the September 8th dinner with Winery Sixteen 600, and include full menu and wine pairing. Reservations can be made by calling 209-446-4026 or by visiting OpenTable.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.