Throughout the summer, Ferraro’s Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar celebrates Italy’s best cuisine with its Summer Regional Menu Series, offering a changing rotation of prix-fixe menus. A menu of dishes from the Veneto region will be featured from Aug. 10 – 23 and, like each four-course menu in this first-ever series, is priced at just $49 per person. In addition, select bottles of wine, chosen by Ferraro’s sommelier to complement the featured menu, are offered at special values as well.
Among the most popular dishes in the Veneto is polenta, which is distinguished from polenta in other parts of Italy for its consistency similar to pudding. Seafood is popular in coastal areas, with black-ink pasta—Spaghetti al Nero—being a quintessential Venetian delicacy. Meanwhile, Fegato alla Veneziana, an elegant preparation of chopped liver and onions cooked together, represents another well-loved, savory Venetian dish.
The complete menu from the Veneto follows:
- Appetizer (choose one)
- Baccala Mantecato
- Poached-whip cod in extra virgin olive oil, potato mousse, olive and capers
- Fegato alla Veneziana
- Sautéed calf’s veal liver, caramelized onions, polenta crisp
Pasta (choose one)
- Spaghetti al Nero
- Natural black ink spaghetti, squid, baby shrimp, tomato fondue
- Potato-red beet ravioli, grana padano, sage, black sesame seed
Main Course (choose one)
- Moscardini in Umido
- Baby octopus stew, peas, soft polenta
- Polletto in Tecia
- Pan-roasted Cornish hen, fresh tomato, herbs, baby rainbow potato
- Lady fingers, Mascarpone cheese and espresso
Paired Wine Values (by the bottle)
- Soave Givarino, $56 (regular price, $68)
- Ripasso San Vito, $48 (regular price $66)
- Amarone, Masi Costasera, $85 (regular price $118)
Following the Veneto, the last region to be featured during the Summer Regional Menu Series will be Campania (Aug. 24 – Sept. 7). Featured dishes and accompanying wines for each menu will be announced later this month.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.