Renowned Chef/Owner Gabriele Bonci of Rome-based Bonci Pizzarium is thrilled to open the doors to his first U.S. location of the world-recognized pizzeria in Chicago this mid-August.
At Bonci, guests will experience a one-of-a-kind artisanal pizza cut by the slice with scissors (al taglio-style), along with other seasonal menu selections, in a convenient counter-service setting located in the city’s West Loop.
With five current eateries based in Italy and previously declared the “Michelangelo of Pizza” by Vogue Italia magazine, Chef Bonci has innovated classic pizza for a unique style that is visually stunning and embraces fresh, natural ingredients above all else. He continually abides by his culinary philosophy of “quality without compromise,” an approach that is present across the entire menu at Bonci.
Chef Bonci has developed a dedicated following not only in Italy, but around the globe, for his perfected al taglio pizza inspired by Roman roots. With over 1,500 different recipe creations, he is excited to share his unmatched passion for pizza for the very first time across European borders.
Beginning this August, visitors of Bonci will savor a kind of pizza different than any other type available throughout the city, and country—al taglio-style. The unique style of pizza is custom cut into rectangular shapes using scissors, with the slice size determined by the guest. With up to 20 varieties available daily, each pizza selection is loaded with fresh, seasonal toppings over a crispy, rich crust made from specially crafted dough that takes 48 hours to produce.
The pizza is served from behind a quick service counter and priced by the weight of the slice, allowing for a new experience with each visit to Bonci. Sample varieties of pizza found on the menu include:
- Potato, Mozzarella, Rosemary
- Egg, Bacon, Pecorino Cheese
- Tomato Meatball, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley
- Hummus, Broccoli, Olives, Tomato Pesto
- Chicken, Artichoke, Olives, Black Pepper … and many more The pizza selections will change daily at Bonci, with flavorful topping combinations inspired by the freshest ingredients of the season. Guests may also choose from a selection of sandwiches, salads, suppli (Roman-inspired rice and pasta balls stuffed with cheeses and meats), as well as all natural teas, imported sodas, juices, craft beer and wine.
Bonci Chicago will be open on Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.