From Dublin, Ireland, to Dublin, Ohio, owner/operator and local publican, Ian Montgomery, is debuting a new concept, Fadó Pub and Kitchen, on October 1 in the vibrant Bridge Park District. Fadó Pub and Kitchen combines the fun, energy and connection of an Irish pub with a kitchen that passionately serves fresh, European-inspired food like the eateries of London and Paris.
“Born out of Fadó Irish Pub at Easton, the vision for Fadó Pub and Kitchen is to combine the atmosphere and values of the great Dublin, Ireland, pubs with an exceptional dining environment,” says Montgomery. “The most important part of this new concept is hospitality and we want each visit to ensure guests have a great time and return with more stories to tell.”
Evoking a European eatery, the furniture, fixtures and interior of the restaurant were completely designed, constructed and imported from a team in Dublin, Ireland. With a bright and open floor plan and a focus on hospitality, Fadó Pub and Kitchen strives to create an environment that encourages guests to linger and connect with each other.
The restaurant transforms from the entryway to patio, from a classic to modern Victorian-inspired design. The entrance is influenced by the classic Irish pub with brick floor-to-ceiling walls, bronze finishes and dark wood tables.
The dining room and café takes influence from a modernized Victorian-inspired design with bright fabric lined walls, and lace artwork. The café boasts a sliding glass wall that creates ample, bright indoor/outdoor patio seating. Multiple spaces within the restaurant are also well-suited for private parties.
“We’ve created a place that combines a welcoming, neighborhood feel with a forward-thinking European inspired menu,” says Montgomery. “The restaurant’s menu is designed to focus on fresh, local ingredients. Influenced by Ireland, France and other prominent European cultures, the dishes are simple recipes based heavily from tradition, but created to a very high standard.” Many of the ingredients for the main dishes, like the chicken, beef and pork, are sourced from local and regional member-farms of the “Ohio Proud” program.
Signature dishes include:
- Cured Meats and Cheeses – a rotating selection of charcuterie and cheeses, traditional accompaniments and grilled baguette
- Chicken Liver Pâté – with whiskey bacon marmalade and crunchy French bread
- Pub Burger – grilled Angus beef, smoked cheddar, house-made whiskey bacon marmalade, fried egg, arugula and tomato on a pretzel roll
- Kitchen Pork Chop – plated with traditional Irish black pudding, green apple and sage hash, charred broccoli and cider jus
- Brick Roasted Half Chicken – plated with colcannon, maple glazed parsnips, brussels sprouts and a whiskey mushroom sauce
- Guinness Brownie Sundae – a warm brownie topped with Guinness ice cream, whipped cream, pecans and chocolate sauce
Fadó Pub and Kitchen’s beverage program offerings include a carefully selected collection of more than 50 wines with Coravin technology, traditionally inspired cocktails, beer, and a variety of coffee and teas sourced from a local small roaster:
- Wine – Featuring top wineries from Europe and the U.S. by the glass, bottle and half-bottle
- Classic Old Fashioned – Fadó’ Pub and Kitchen’s private label Elijah Craig 10yr., bitters, soda, sugar and garnished with an orange peel and luxardo cherry
- Jameson and Crabbies – Jameson Irish whiskey, Crabbie’s Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer and lime
- Honey Citrus Lemonade – Columbus’ Watershed Four Peel Gin, homemade honey lemonade and garnished with grilled fruit
- Signature Irish Coffee – Featuring Tullamore D.E.W Irish whiskey and made tableside
- Coffee and Tea – Drip coffee, cold brew, espresso, macchiato, cappuccino, latte, mocha, americano, cortado and chai latte
“Local sourcing is a menu mainstay for both our food and beverage programs,” says Montgomery. “From our coffee and espresso brands to our draft beer and spirits offerings to our meats, breads, and produce, we are committed to partnering with local vendors when possible to offer the freshest and highest quality products.”
In addition to its focus on fresh food and drinks, Fadó Pub and Kitchen will offer entertainment. On Friday and Saturday nights starting at 10 p.m., guests can enjoy the ‘Reunion Disco,’ which will feature retro hits until 1 a.m. Music will also play a significant role in the restaurant’s ambiance and will include musical selections rooted in the American blues from the 1950s – 1970s, such as The Beatles, Van Morrison and The Rolling Stones.
The restaurant occupies a 5,700 square-foot space on the ground floor at 6652 Riverside Dr. in Bridge Park West, situated at the south end of the plaza.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.