Eco-Products is launching Regalia, the industry’s first fully compostable line of products for caterers seeking to offer their customers a more sustainable solution for events large and small.
The line includes trays and bowls of multiple sizes, lids to fit them, and innovative accessories like a condiment insert for bowls and the market’s first bagasse multi-format serving utensil.
All of these items are BPI certified compostable, and are the newest additions to the world’s largest bundle of renewable and post-consumer recycled foodservice packaging.
“Caterers have never had a fully compostable set of servingware to go with their tabletop items,” says Wendell Simonson, vice president of marketing for Eco-Products. “Not being able to present a complete bundle of compostable products is problematic from a number of angles, so this is a big step for this market.”
Regalia’s innovations include:
- Bases made with sugarcane, a rapidly renewable resource
- Lids made with Ingeo PLA, a plant-based plastic
- All products are resistant to grease and cuts
- All are microwave and freezer safe, though lids are not microwaveable
- Each can be used with hot or cold foods
- All feature molded construction designed for strength and style
- The entire line meets ASTM standards for compostability
“Regalia pieces are made from the same renewable, compostable materials as our dinnerware, so they offer the same quality and environmental benefits but on a larger scale,” Simonson says.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.