Detroit restaurateur Jim Brady was ahead of his time.
Six decades after Brady opened Detroit's first bistro back on Dec. 31, 1954, Diamond Jim Brady's Bistro Bar has earned a reputation that spans far and wide. Its faithful following has spanned generations and now many new customers around Michigan and throughout the Midwest have discovered Diamond Jim's.
Owner and certified Executive Chef Mary Brady, along with partner and Executive Chef Sharon Juergens, have kept the old favorites like the original 60-year-old Jim Brady's Chili recipe while introducing new cuisine such as the Beef on Weck sandwich and Scottish Salmon, as well as the new Crispy Flat Breads that include Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, Fig Jam, and Arugula.
Both Chefs Brady and Juergens agree that having either of them present and working at the restaurant at all times has been a key to their success. The new location added a heated outdoor room that has eliminated longer waits.
"It is an honor to carry on the restaurants fine tradition and take Diamond Jim Brady's Bistro into its 60th year," Brady says. "It is such a rarity to approach six decades in the restaurant industry. Our guests and devoted staff have certainly made it possible."
Detroit's first bistro opened in late 1954 when Jim Brady opened the doors to the original Diamond Jim Brady's on Seven Mile Road in Detroit. Since then, the restaurant changed locations from Detroit to Southfield, at the Prudential Town Center.
In 1991 it moved to Novi and the Novi Town Center, succeeding for 19 years. On Sept. 30, 2010, Diamond Jim Brady's Bistro temporarily closed its doors to make way for Super Walmart. Now the restaurant is continuing its fine culinary tradition at its new Novi location in the Novi Town Center at 43271 Crescent Blvd.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.