Rick Rosenfield, a co-founder of California Pizza Kitchen, along with his wife Esther, announced the opening of two new ROCA restaurant locations at The Palisades Village and The Waterside in Marina Del Rey, coming respectively in fall 2022 and early 2023. Serving as a prelude to the upcoming new locations, the concept’s successful pop-up experience at The Americana at Brand in Glendale introduced ROCA’s elevated fast-casual interpretation of Roman-style street food pizza “al taglio,” which translates to “by-the-cut”. Due to popular demand and rave Yelp reviews, the pop-up remained open for over a year, functioning as a recipe laboratory, experimenting with traditional Roman favorites and various seasonal specials.
The new restaurants will celebrate the Roman origin of their unique style of pizza (“RO”) with a California-inspired ethos (“CA”), which blends creativity and commitment to premium products and ingredients sourced locally and internationally; but what really sets ROCA apart is its artisan dough, perfected down to a science after more than 70 years of research and development in Rome, and discovered by the Rosenfield’s a decade ago. The dough is long cold fermented for 48 hours or more, creating an airy, puffy, soft rise in the dough, and when baked, achieves a notable crunch. Each pizza is baked in highly specialized Italian-made, humidity-controlled ovens, maintaining the freshness of seasonal toppings while ensuring a delightfully crisp crust. ROCA’s dough style and cooking process creates pizzas that uniquely travels well for takeout and delivery, an ideal product for the on-the-go consumer.
“Both locations are focal points to their respective communities with a vibrant mix of retailers and impressive culinary offerings that ROCA is excited to be a part of,” says Rick Rosenfield. “We are eager to introduce ROCA to LA’s Westside.”
Coming first in late-November to the Pacific Palisades, the Palisades Village location will feature copious outdoor dining and a delivery window adjacent to the patio. Second in line Marina del Rey, Waterside location is slated to open in early 2023 and will feature a menu including extensive pizza flavors, Roman specialty “suppli”, salads, appetizers, and desserts. In both locations, display cabinets will exhibit full pan pizzas that customers can select by the slice by-the-cut, with half- and full-pan options as well, encouraging guests to enjoy a sampling of several different specialty pizzas. All ROCAs will also feature a grab-and-go section with pre-packaged salads as well as sandwiches made from their pizza dough.
In addition to traditionally topped pizzas and vegan options, ROCA menu highlights include:
- Supplì – Roman street food staple comprised of rice balls with tomato sauce and stringy melted mozzarella cheese
- Soppressata and Burrata Pizza – the bestseller; tomato sauce, mozzarella, spicy soppressata, di stefano burrata, basil Parmigiano oil
- Pepperoni Hot Honey – tomato sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, gorgonzola, Mike’s hot honey
- Mixed Mushroom– cremini, shimeji, and king oyster mushrooms, mozzarella, parsley
- Italian Sausage & Potato – housemade Italian sausage, cremini mushrooms, Parmigiano Reggiano, mozzarella, red onion
- Amatriciana Pizza – guanciale (pork cheek), pecorino Romano, mozzarella, tomato sauce
- Kale & Almond Salad – organic kale, avocado, spicy almond dressing, Parmigiano Reggiano, crushed almonds
- Caesar Salad with Calabrian Chili dressing– organic romaine, Parmigiano Reggiano, housmade croutons, Calabrian Chili dressing
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.