The Commander’s Family of Restaurants’ French Quarter restaurant, SoBou, has launched the Barpreneurs School lunch series to teach hospitality industry neophytes the ins and outs of the business. Each week, a new teacher shares expertise from their field—from social media marketing and logo design to investments and patent law—to help these new businesses thrive. The series runs from January 8 to March 4 in preparation for New Orleans Entrepreneur Week mid-March.
Those looking to showcase their hospitality startup or idea have the opportunity each week to pitch their ideas to the group and receive feedback from the expert teachers. SoBou and its hospitality experts will then pick the three best pitches, and invite the “Barpreneurs” to represent the group at the NOEW Kickoff Party on March 11.
Participation is free, and attendees are encouraged to take advantage of the restaurant’s lunch specials—including 25-cent lunch specials—as well as free valet parking and Wi-Fi.
The schedule is as follows:
- January 8: Tory McPhail: Introducing a food product into the New Orleans market and beyond.
- January 15: Megan Hargroder: Leverage social media for your startup and small biz.
- January 22: Michael Eckert: Investments—what you need to know.
- January 29: Kelly Tesvich: Principles of Design—your logo is more than a "profile pic."
- February 4: No school: Mardi Gras season.
- February 12: Tereson Dupuy: Brand Identity—Learn how to communicate who and what you are as a brand and differentiate yourself from the rest.
- February 19: Knud Berthelsen: The New Face of Business—online tools and how to use them.
- February 26: Seth Nehrbass: Patent Law—what you need to know.
- March 4: Peter Ricchiuti and Grant Morris: Out to Lunch—pitch to these guys to be on their radio show and learn what works and what doesn't.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.