Chili's has created a new game — "Hide and Cinco"— in celebration of Cinco de Mayo. Chili's has hidden five piñatas in five cities across the country and it want guests to find them. That's five piñatas in each of the five cities, meaning there will be 25 winners. Each piñata is filled with a $500 Chili's gift card and exclusive brand merch.
Here's how to play:
1. Follow Chili's on Instagram or Twitter.
2. Pick the city closest to you:
- Las Vegas
- Nashville, Tennessee
- San Antonio
- Tampa, Florida
3. On Cinco de Mayo — Wednesday, May 5 — keep a close eye on Chili's Instagram and Twitter pages for clues that will be released starting at 9 a.m. CT (hint: turn your notifications on so you don't miss any!). Chili's will release a code word that guests will need to unlock the piñata upon finding it.
4. The first five guests to find the five piñatas in each of the five cities and say the code word correctly to the on-site Chili's ambassador, wins.
5. Take your winnings to a Chili's near you.
For those not participating, Chili's is serving five deals for only $5 on some of its most popular drinks, including the Presidente Margarita, Cheers to Patrón, Cuervo Blue and Frose 'ritas, and select draft imports. All available at participating restaurants for dine-in or to-go for Guests 21 and older. And Guests who order one of these deals to-go will receive a free commemorative sticker while supplies last.
"After more than a year of virtual meetings, events, happy hours and gatherings — and with COVID-19 restrictions lifting — we wanted to create an activity that encourages our Guests to safely get outside and enjoy Cinco de Mayo," says Michael Breed, vice president of marketing at Chili's. "With immersive events and activities re-emerging, we knew we had an opportunity to do something fun, and we're ready and excited to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with our Guests!"
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.