Tanta, in Chicago, is celebrating its third anniversary with “Tanta Turns Three,” on September 14 at 6 p.m. on the rooftop terrace with a portion of the proceeds, benefitting 826CHI, a non-profit organization helping students cultivate creative, expository writing skills. Executive Chef Jesus Delgado collaborates with chefs Daniel Mejia of MFK and Ce Bian of Roka Akor to create a street food-inspired feast, during which each chef serves dishes at separate culinary stations. Guests will enjoy live music and specialty cocktails by the Tanta team and Liz Pearce (of The Drifter) with Fortaleza Tequila and Atlantico Rum, while celebrating the restaurant’s milestone. Raffle prizes include distinctive experiences and offerings from Tanta and the participating restaurants.
The anniversary menu presents dishes comprising a variety of cultural influences true to Peruvian cuisine—specifically Spanish and Japanese. Chefs Delgado, Mejia, and Ce Bian offer the following dishes to commemorate Tanta turning three, including:
- Purple Potato Causa with king crab, huancaína sauce, avocado mousse, and salmon roe
- Raw Prawn Cebiche with sea urchin leche de tigre, and cancha
- Octopus Anticucho with choclo purée and piquillo pepper aïoli
- White Anchovy with peas, radish, and pistachio
- Mini Tortilla Espanola with blue caramelized, shallots, and whipped brandade
- Steamed Clams with linguiza and salmorejo
- Madai with grapefruit dressing and trout caviar
- Cured Salmon Tartar with goma sauce, shiso, and taro chips
- Charred Heirloom Tomato with black garlic dressing, fennel, and micro Asian herbs
Tickets are priced at $125 per person, inclusive of tax and gratuity, and sold only online.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.