The Gage has added a new selection of six drinks for the summer. The new cocktails include a Genever-based cocktail inspired by Scandinavia, an Armagnac and absinthe cocktail created in homage to the Art Institute of Chicago’s Manet exhibit, a tropical rum punch, a Japanese whiskey sour, and more. The six drinks were created by members of the bar team, led by Gage Hospitality Group corporate beverage director Torrence O’Haire.
Here’s what to expect on the bar menu:
- Fjord Explorer: Rutte “Old Simon” Genever, Linie aquavit, Dolin Genepy, Vlad’s tart cordial, cucumber, dill, mint, sea salt. A Scandinavian-inspired and Genever-based cocktail also made with aquavit and genepy, that is clean and herbal with notes of cucumber and caraway. Topped with a small bouquet of dill, mint, and seasonal herbs, and flowers.
- Paper Crane: Suntory Toki whiskey, Becherovka bitter, elderflower, lemon, ginger-honey bitters. An aerodynamic version of a Paper Plane, a classic whiskey sour using aperol, bitters, and lime. Japanese Whiskey and ginger flavors are used to create a lighter, more delicate drink.
- Pillow Talk: Probitas white rum, Dr. Brid’s Jamaican rum, Aperol, Cinnamon, Carpano Bianco, lychee, lime. A riff on a rum punch and the token tropical cocktail on the menu. A double dose of rum is combined with aperol and cinnamon-infused carpano bianco for a sultry, savory and funky cocktail garnished with a skewer of lime, mint, cucumber, and lychee.
- Brutal Ardour: Banhez mezcal, Suze bitter, espresso-infused Cocchi Rosa, Ancho chile, tajin-dipped orange. A grown-up negroni that is rich, earthy and strong. The smokiness of mezcal combines with the mild spice of chile for a rich cocktail balanced by Suze bitters, a traditional French bitter aperitif.
- L’Olympia (Music in the Garden): Artez Folle-Blanche Armagnac, Blume Marillen Apricot, absinthe, orgeat, cream, rose, nutmeg. Inspired by the Art Institute of Chicago’s exhibit, “Manet & Modern Beauty”, the L’Olympia is designed as the drink of choice for an outdoor garden party. A sweet-tasting, impressionist cocktail made with Armagnac and absinthe with notes of almond, anise and apricot.
- The Renegade: Knob Creek rye, El Dorado 12-year, Blandy’s 5-year Bual Madeira, Cynar 70 bitter, Carpano Classico. An updated take on a Black Manhattan cocktail. Boozy and rich with a hint of mild bitterness balanced with cynar and madeira for a nutty, sweet finish.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.