The Barrelhouse Flat, a neighborhood cocktail lounge in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, announced a new Detox to Retox cocktail menu.
Offered through the end of February, the seasonal cocktails feature holistic ingredients including honey, lemon, and ginger, alongside the bar’s favorite liqueurs, bitters, and digestifs.
“Our team wanted to have some fun with the idea of New Year’s resolutions, which always seem to involve making a lifestyle change,” says general manager James Wright.“The Detox to Retox menu celebrates the tradition of homeopathic drinks, with a little bit of humor in regards to ‘healthy’ cocktails.”
In the spirit of starting the year fresh, bar manager Mark Brinker created the Master Cleanse cocktail, a boozy take on the popular detox diet, and the Trust Fall, which pairs Cynar and rum with aromatic ingredients like absinthe and mint.
The Detox to Retox menu also features two warming drinks to battle the cold weather. The Daddy Moved to Aspen (and He’s Never Coming Back) cocktail by bartender Jessica Tessendorf is a riff on a traditional mulled wine, while owner Stephen Cole’s Chest Rub cocktail features the healing power of digestifs, including Amaro Lucano and Fernet Branca.
The drinks on The Barrelhouse Flat’s Detox to Retox cocktail menu are priced at $13. Offerings include:
- Byrrh Before Liquor- Jessica Tessendorf.Byrrh, Rittenhouse BIB, Licor 43, Leopold Tart Michigan Cherry Liqueur, lemon, sparkling wine.
- Barbie Dream House- Mark Brinker. Aperol, El Dorado 5 year Rum, lemon, raspberry, and Regans’ Orange Bitters.
- One Hand in My Piña- Jess Keene. Siete Leguas Reposado, Amaro Nonino, lemon, honey, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao, Allspice Dram, chili de árbol bitters, and chocolate bitters.
- Occasional Rain- R. Daniel Smith. El Dorado 12 year Rum, Lustau E. India Solera Sherry, lime, maple, Cherry Heering, Angostura Bitters.
- Black Strap and Tattoos- Jessica Tessendorf. Cruzan Black Strap Rum, Lemon Hart 151, Lustau E. India Solera Sherry, Amaro Lucano, lime, orange, falernum, ginger, and Angostura Bitters.
- Master Cleanse-Mark Brinker. Tabernero Pisco Acholado, lemon, cayenne-maple syrup, Amaro Nonino, and egg.
- Horchata Borracha Marrón- Mark Brinker. Evan Williams BIB, Rhum Barbancourt, housemade brown rice and cashew milk, ceylon-vanilla syrup, cream, sweet condensed milk, and orange flower water.
- Trust Fall-Mark Brinker. Cynar, El Dorado 12 year Rum, Demerara Syrup, absinthe, mint, and whole egg.
- Sherry Quite Contrary- Jess Keene. Ramazzotti, Lustau Rare Amontillado Sherry, Amaro Montenegro, Rittenhouse Rye B.I.B., Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao, Angostura Bitters, strawberry, orange, and Fernet Branca rinse.
- The Faustino-Jonathan Lam. Lunazul Blanco, Chichicapa, Cocchi Americano, vanilla-tonka syrup, and Regans’ Orange Bitters.
- Daddy Moved to Aspen (and He’s Never Coming Back)-Jessica Tessendorf. White wine, Cocchi Americano, St. George Pear Brandy, honey, fresh ginger, orange zest, and spices, served warm.
- Chest Rub- Stephen Cole. Fernet Branca, Amaro Lucano, honey syrup, lemon juice, and house orange bitters, served warm.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.