Six of the country’s finest chefs gathered at Saveur Magazine test kitchen, October 7, for the culmination of the American Lamb Board’s Global Flavors Lamb Jam Tour. Winning chefs from this year’s Seattle, Austin, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington D.C. Lamb Jams put their prize-worthy lamb dishes to the test in the bid for the title of “Lamb Jam Champion.”
Chef Liz Barwick of Sarma was named the 2019 National Lamb Jam Champion with her Turkish smoked and roasted lamb shoulder, presented in a popover-like feta and lamb-fat borek.
“The Lamb Jam finale was judged by 30 members of the media in New York and boasted one of the most diverse lineups of chefs from a variety of different backgrounds and cuisine styles,” says Megan Wortman, executive director of the American Lamb Board.
2019 Lamb Jam Finale Competitors & Dishes
- Austin: Chef Barrett Black of The Original Black's Barbecue – Smoked Lamb Masa Cake with Mexican Coke Mole
- Boston: Chef Liz Barwick of Sarma – Turkish Roasted Lamb Shoulder
- Washington, DC: Chef Dimitri Moshovitis of CAVA – Spicy Szechuan Lamb Noodles
- Denver: Chef Brother Luck of Four by Brother Luck – Southwest Lamb with Mole
- Seattle: Chef Heong soon Park of Chan – Lamb Belly Tacos with Pistachio Mole
- San Francisco: Chef Kitiya Ditpare of TACOTHAI – Southern Thai-Style Dry Curry Lamb Ribs
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.