The third annual National Pizza Survey, conducted online by The Harris Poll on behalf of California Pizza Kitchen among over 2,000 Americans ages 18-plus, found that the top food Americans would choose if they could only eat one food for the rest of their lives is PIZZA (22%) – for a third year in a row. The survey, which reveals new insights into the pizza eating habits and pizza trends among Americans and Millennials, confirms that America’s love affair with pizza is still burning strong.
In honor of America’s love for the classic combination of dough, sauce and toppings, CPK has teamed up with Grubhub to give away up to 10,000 free CPK Take and Bake Pizzas on October 1 with no delivery fee and no minimum purchase required. CPK’s fresh Take and Bake Pizzas, which launched at CPK locations nationwide in July 2019, are made to order in-restaurant with the same premium ingredients and creative California-style pizza flavors that guests love from the restaurants, ready to be cooked at home so that guests can enjoy an oven-fresh pizza on their own schedule.
In addition, from October 2-31, guests can continue celebrating National Pizza Month with free delivery and a free Take and Bake Pizza on all CPK orders with a minimum purchase of $15, limit one free pizza per Grubhub account**.
“National Pizza Month is an important time at California Pizza Kitchen, and we’re excited that the findings from our 2019 National Pizza Survey confirm what we already know: pizza holds a special place in our hearts and in our lives,” says Jim Hyatt, CEO of CPK. “So, we think it’s fitting to celebrate our favorite month, and Americans’ favorite food, by giving them more of what they love: free CPK Take and Bake Pizzas, so everyone can join the pizza party and enjoy a hot, oven-fresh California-style pizza at home, on their schedule. It’s our way of sending a big high-five to the pizza lovers across the country.”
To participate in the 10,000 free CPK Take and Bake Pizza giveaway, guests can download the Grubhub app or visit www.Grubhub.com and choose from one of the following Take and Bake Pizza varieties on hand-tossed dough: The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza or Margherita Pizza. There is no minimum purchase required and no delivery fee. The giveaway starts at 11 a.m. local time of your preferred CPK location and is available at all CPK locations currently listed on the Grubhub app. Guests are encouraged to share their National Pizza Month celebration with #CPKTakeAndBake on Twitter and Instagram.
California Pizza Kitchen’s 2019 National Pizza Survey highlights include:
- Pizza is #1: If Americans could only eat one food for the rest of their lives, the #1 choice is pizza (22%)
- Pizza > Dating: 40% of Americans would be willing to give up dating for a year in order to have free pizza whenever they want
- Less Selfies, More Pizza: More than half (55%) of Americans (and 61% of Millennials ages 23-38) would be willing to give up social media for a year in order to have free pizza whenever they want
- Pizza All Day: 65% of Americans believe that pizza is an acceptable breakfast meal
- Pizza & Chill: The top food Americans cite as their favorite food to eat while watching/streaming TV is pizza (38%)
- Rock On: If Millennials could share a slice of pizza with a celebrity***, their #1 choice would be Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (24%)
- Could This Pizza BE More Delicious?: More Americans would prefer to share a pizza with the cast of “Friends” (49%) than the cast of “The Office” (31%)
- The Great Pizza Debate: 38% of Americans believe that pineapple on pizza should be illegal
- Will Plank for Pizza: Almost half of Millennials (46%) have exercised specifically so they could indulge in pizza
- Must Love Pizza: 25% of Americans (and 36% of Millennials) would go on a date just to have someone pay for their pizza
- Pizza Party: 23% of Americans who have ever been married (and 38% of Millennials of the same group) wish they would have just served pizza at their wedding
- Hot or Cold?: 69% of Americans prefer to eat leftover pizza hot, while 23% prefer to eat it cold
- Ready, Set, Pizza: The top event Americans cite as their favorite event to order pizza for delivery is Game Day (44%)
- More Pizza, Please: 23% of Americans (and 34% of Millennials) eat pizza five or more times per month
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.