Delaware North, one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world, and its joint-venture partner Chase Catering and Concessions LLC have opened more than a dozen new restaurants at the recently opened terminal at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. The restaurants encompass a variety of dining styles ranging from traditional quick-service and full-service concepts to market-style and grab-and-go choices.
To create an authentic New Orleans dining experience for travelers, Delaware North partnered with renowned chefs and culinarians including Leah Chase and her family, John Folse and Michael Gulotta, as well as an array of iconic local restaurants such as Café Du Monde, Ye Olde College Inn and Angelo Brocato.
“New Orleans is a special place with a very distinct culinary identity,” says Scott Socha, interim president for Delaware North’s travel division. “We had to make sure we found out what makes New Orleans cuisine unique and then find a way to showcase that in a way that meets travelers’ needs. That meant developing relationships with some of the city’s revered chefs and restaurateurs — many of whom are known all over the world — and creating concepts that will set a new bar for airport dining.”
Delaware North’s new restaurant offerings at MSY include:
- Leah’s Kitchen: Classic Creole dishes inspired by the legendary Leah Chase.
- Folse Market: A New Orleans marketplace created with famed Chef John Folse and featuring seafood, po'boys, coffee and wine.
- MoPho: Vietnamese fusion cuisine created by Chef Michael Gulotta.
- Bar Sazerac/Dook’s Burgers: Cocktail bar gracefully embodying the grand history of drinking and socializing in New Orleans serving classics like the Sazerac, the official cocktail of New Orleans, alongside food from Dook’s Burgers.
- Angelo Brocato: New Orleans’ famous Italian gelateria & pasticceria, serving Italian ice cream and desserts based on Sicilian family recipes from the early 1900s.
- Ye Olde College Inn: New Orleans landmark since 1933, serving up award-winning New Orleans classics from their farm to your table.
- Heritage School of Music Stage: Wine bar with live music produced in partnership with the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation.
- Café Du Monde: New Orleans institution serving its world-famous beignets and café au lait.
- PJ’s Coffee: A New Orleans staple for over 40 years, offers 100% Arabica direct trade coffee, the finest espresso-based beverages, The Original Cold Brew iced coffee, as well as organic tea and a variety of food options.
Additional New Orleans-born eateries including: Midway Pizza and City Greens.
Delaware North has provided food and beverage services at the New Orleans airport since 1983. Overall, Delaware North’s travel division operates food, beverage and retail services in more than 30 airports and travel hubs across three continents, including some of the world’s busiest airports such as Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport and London’s Heathrow Airport. The company’s 300 total airport outlets include more than 200 brands — a mix of award-winning proprietary concepts, local and national partnerships and franchises.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.