Buffalo Trace Distillery was awarded 10 top awards at the North America Whiskies & Spirits Conference in New York where the World Whiskies Awards were announced, including Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year Old Bourbon, named the overall winner for Best Age Statement Bourbon.
Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Bourbon and Pappy Van Winkle 20 Year Old Bourbon each received gold in this same category.
Other winners include:
Best Non-Age Statement Bourbon
- Col. E.H. Taylor Jr. Barrel Proof Bourbon (gold)
- George T. Stagg Bourbon (gold),
- Col. E.H. Taylor Jr. Cured Oak Bourbon (silver)
- Col. E.H. Taylor Jr. Small Batch Bourbon (silver)
- Stagg Jr. Bourbon (silver)
- William Larue Weller Bourbon (bronze)
Best American Rye Whisky
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye Whiskey (gold)
“We are thrilled to be the recipient of each of these awards,” Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley says. “We feel honored that so many of our whiskies were represented among the best of this year’s competition.”
The 2016 World Whiskies Awards for America and Canada were announced on February 23 at the Whiskies & Spirits Conference in New York. Whiskies in each category were subject to rigorous blind taste testing to determine the best of each category.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.